Then 30 minutes later I get a call from Parker: "I'm on my way home." Apparently when parker was 10 minutes away from Jackpot his boss called and said nobody from Twin Falls needed to drive out to work today. A little too late for that..... but he turned around and came back home. So we BOTH got a snow day after all!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Snowed In
I got a call at 7:30 this morning while I was getting ready for work. It was my boss. Apparently he was closing the office for today. Too much snow, and too much wind. He said all the patients would most likely cancel anyway. I'd never heard of a snow day from WORK (unless you're a teacher). Wow. Allright, no packing up the kids today. I then thought to myself, if anybody needs a snow day it's Parker. He has a 50 minute commute on a state highway. Oh well. He took the truck instead of the car. Hopefully that'll make things safer for him.
Then 30 minutes later I get a call from Parker: "I'm on my way home." Apparently when parker was 10 minutes away from Jackpot his boss called and said nobody from Twin Falls needed to drive out to work today. A little too late for that..... but he turned around and came back home. So we BOTH got a snow day after all!
Here's a few pictures of the house after my hard work of shoveling the driveway. And just so you know, the driveway had been shoveled the night before, and there was about 4-6 inches of new snow by the time it quit again (which was around noon).
Growing up in Boise, for me this is the most snow I've ever seen! (of course not counting the mountains and my few visits to McCAll) Even 5 years in pocatello we never got this much snow! There was ONE year where the DRIFTS had blown snow waist-deep on our porch and in front of our front door. We had to DIG our way to the door on that one....but it was because of the wind more than anything. This....is a lot of snow.
It's funny to observe my neighbors. Wouldn't you know, that the ones who don't take care of their yards are ALSO the ones that don't shovel their driveways! And the ones with nice yards were all outside at the same time as me shoveling away!
Then 30 minutes later I get a call from Parker: "I'm on my way home." Apparently when parker was 10 minutes away from Jackpot his boss called and said nobody from Twin Falls needed to drive out to work today. A little too late for that..... but he turned around and came back home. So we BOTH got a snow day after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment