Today I was feeling kinda....retarded. What I mean is. I was finishing up my patient before lunch, and was secretly hoping that the girls at work would invite me to lunch with them (I knew at least 2 of them were going somewhere). I DID pack a lunch today, but I didn't want it. Leftover chicken & potatoes, with a bag of grapes. It really is delicious. But I packed the exact same thing for lunch yesterday. Well. Lunchtime came, and everyone in the office left except the Doc. I didn't want to stick around either. So I headed over to BK and broke my amazing one-month streak without a cheeseburger; and ordered myself a whopper with cheese, no onions. Complete with Dr. Pepper and fries. Then I sat in the car and ate it. I finished and still had 30 minutes left before I had to be back to work.
Across the street was the public library. I remembered my sister telling me once that the library has a pretty good selection of CD's. And I am kinda a music collector. I like all kinds of music. And I always get excited when I can add a song (or album) to my ipod. Lately, I've been browsing the itunes store for new Christmas music. A little early yes....but you have to start early to get the collection you want to listen to when December finally comes.
I found the CD section. SHELVES FULL!! I found the Christmas music.....an entire shelf dedicated just to christmas music! I felt like a kid in a candy store! I can't believe I've been spending so much time browsing the itunes store when I've had access to ALL THIS MUSIC....FOR FREE!! I grabbed three CD's. (I wanted more....but I decided I'd better take them home and make sure that I can actually rip them onto my computer.
Yes I can! Holy cow! I am gonna have so much christmas music!! Well...not even christmas music! I saw a section of old-school jazz music (Billie Holiday, and Ella Fitzgerald, and Louis Armstrong....and all the good guys. I can't wait to get to THAT section too!!
No it's not stealing. The library makes all that music available to check out to anyone with a library card. And they don't copy guard. So....it's all good.
Also I checked out a season of Gilmore Girls. One of my favorite TV shows. Yes I've seen every episode....many times. But I still like it. It's kinda my guilty pleasure I guess.
Lastly, I thought I'd share this video of Angie dancing on Halloween night. It's so cute! She loves to start dancing whenever she hears a good beat.
1 comment:
Oh GREAT idea! I think I shall make a trip to the library next week. :)
Post a Comment