I made it through my 2:00 appointment, and then had my other patients re-scheduled. I went home. I left the kids at daycare and went BACK to bed for another hour. When I woke up it was 5:00. So I got the kids. After we were all home, I lied on the couch and let the kids run a muck. The place was trashed, and Parker had class that night. I got the kids to bed early and I went to bed early myself. I had body aches, but no fever. So weird.
When I woke up the next morning I felt better. I got ready for work and woke up Caleb. As I pull his shirt off he says, "Mommy your hands are cold!" I felt his body. Burning hot. I took his temperature. 102. Boo. I called my boss and called in sick. Luckily Sylvia (our other Hygienist) doesn't work on Tuesdays, and she was able to come in and take my patients. Yes I owe her. Caleb acted fine during the day. I started asking myself, "Why did I take the day off? He's fine!" Then the evening came and his fever spiked again. The next morning his temp was 103. Ok. I think I need to take him to the doctor. I took the morning off and Parker went to work. Then Parker took the afternoon off and I went to work. Parker took Caleb to the Dr. Wouldn't you know.....nothing wrong. Well, I mean he had a fever....so it wasn't nothing. But no strep. No ear infection. No sinus infection. Just a bug. Bring him back if he still has a fever in 3 days. Ok. No more sick days.
That evening Caleb wouldn't eat. He was so tired. And his fever was up again. He acts so happy and fine when he's sick. if it weren't for his hot skin, you'd never know. Except last night. He kept burying his face in his hands and lying down everywhere he went. I put him to bed at 7:30.
At midnight he woke up. I was fretting about him. Kids don't deserve to be sick. It is so not right. He woke up Angie. Parker and I were taking care of the kids and Parker says to me...."What's with her eye?" I look at her. Her left eye is all swollen. Huh? Oh man. I have no idea. I guess SHE will be going to the doctor tomorrow. I worry for a few minutes about whether or not to take her to the ER. I didn't think it was an allergy. No hives. Only one eye swollen. I don't remember her hitting her eye either. And plus a little bonk wouldn't cause THAT much swelling. We'll see how it is in the morning. I thought to myself. It'll either be WAY worse in the morning, or the same. I wasn't lucky enough for it to get better over night.
When we got her up this morning, it was a little worse. BAH!! Ok. Parker- you take off work this morning and I'll take the afternoon off. Parker took her to the doctor again. Wanna know what it is? Some kind of MAJOR bacterial infection. Way worse than pink-eye. And contageous as well. They gave her a BIG shot of antibiotics right there in the office. It was a thick solution, so it had to be administered slowly. Poor baby. Parker pinned her down while she screamed. I guess that dose of antibiotics was equivalent to the amount they would have given her if she'd been admitted to the hospital. Now we wait. And make sure she's not allergic to the antibiotics first of all. And she gets a 10 day oral antibiotics as well. She looks awful. We also have to watch for a fever. If she gets a fever at all, I have to bring her back tomorrow. Well actually Parker gets to bring her back. Cuz I went and re-scheduled some of my patients for tomorrow (normally my day off....but since I've missed so much work I had to get caught up somehow).
Here's her picture......poor baby.
I hope her eye clears up soon. Thank goodness she's happy. She's always happy. Such a good baby. And doing just fine without her NUK by the way. She talks herself to sleep now. And sometimes it takes 15 minutes to a half an hour before she zonks. But no more crying. What a good girl.
3 comments:
aw man! thats the worst part of raising a family is everyone gets sick at the same time. I can't imagine trying to juggle work in with that as well. You're super mom Heather! And you've got a family full of troopers to get through that. I hope this is the end of sickes for you guys for a while.
Good gravy you need a break. Poor little Angie, that looks like NO fun at all. :(
Bummer week. I hope everyone in your family is feeling better! Poor Angie's eye. That's nice she is always happy!
Post a Comment