Tuesday, May 10, 2011
The greatest Mothers Day gift ever!
On Mother's day my children slept in. AND I DIDN'T EVEN ASK THEM TO!! The down-side to this: church is at 9. So sleeping in means we're late for church. Oh well. Parker made me breakfast and we didn't even miss the sacrament. During sacrament meeting, I got to watch Caleb go up to the front and sing "I often go Walking." This was the first time I've gotten to see him up there singing (last year we were out of town). He KNEW the words and he sang his little heart out. He even gave me that cheesy "Hey mom" wave when he first got up there. I bawled. I was so proud of him that he knew all the words! And that he actually sang, and didn't just stand up there and pick his nose or something. I was SOOO proud. Then (and for some reason, this was the best part) there was primary. I was asked to substitute for the piano player in primary on Sunday. And I got to watch my son in primary for the first time. He is such a good little boy! He volunteers for EVERYTHING! And he wants to say every prayer. When they asked one of the boys if he had his talk prepared Caleb said, 'I'll do it! I'll do it" even though he had no talk prepared. And the best part: he SANG AND SANG AND SANG! He learned all the new songs and sang so loud! I just sat there and smiled from ear-to-ear as I plucked out the melody of the song they were learning. It totally made my day. I am so lucky to be the mother of this AMAZING child!! To be the mother of BOTH my children. I just couldn't be more proud. I love my kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment