Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oh gross....

Not in the mood for much "fun" today. I kinda had a rough day at work. When I got home, Parker decided to stay in Jackpot and play a round of golf. This meant I had the entire evening with the kids. They were actually really good.....for the most part. We did microwave burritos and green beans for dinner (they gobbled it up) and then I let Caleb go outside and ride his bike in the driveway for a while so I could get Angie in the bath.


Angie had thrown a bunch of her green beans on the floor, and so once I got her in the tub, I tried to get them all cleaned up before my little HOOVER (Angie) could make it over there and start eating them off the floor. I peeked my head outside to check on Caleb and then went back into the bathroom to get Angie washed up. Something smelled funny....


She was holding the washcloth and rubbing it between her legs. Wait.... what? Why? Oh no. Oh no no no no no NO NOOO! There they were. About 6 or 7 little brown balls floating around in the tub. That's right. She pooped in the bath. AUGH!! Ok think. How do I clean this up? Our bathtub drain has a rather large mouth. I can't just drain the tub.....the poop would go down too. I don't exactly have a little net or anything. Well. I ended up getting an empty can (which housed the green beans before dinner) and scooping out what I could, then dumping the....poo onto a LARGE wad of toilet paper and then throwing the wads into the toilet and flushing them one by one. All the bathtub toys that were ALSO in the tub were put into a bucket of clorox. And Angie was allowed to run COMMANDO around the house for 15 minutes. After the major floaties were removed, I drained the bath. That took FOREVER. (I've never had to actually SIT and wait for the tub to drain before. Normally you take the kids out, pull the plug and walk away. Do you have ANY idea how long it takes for that thing to drain? Well, anyway. Then there were still TONS of MINIATURE floaties stuck to the bottom of the tub after the water was gone. I used MORE large wads of toilet paper and essentially mopped the floor of the tub till all brown-ness was gone. Then I scrubbed it with Comet. I put the can of Comet on the bathroom counter so Angie couldn't get it (forgetting that even tables and counter surfaces are no longer safe because she climbs EVERYTHING! Including chairs, bar-stools, and toilets). After scrubbing the bathtub I turn around to see naked Angie STANDING on the bathroom counter ( I didn't even hear her behind me!) She has Caleb's toothbrush in her mouth as she knocks down my FULL can of Comet onto the floor. AHHHHH! Ok. I try to sweep it into a pile with some toilet paper. And Angie squats down and tries to help. "No no no!! Don't TOUCH!!" Ok.... So. Re-fill the tub and put Angie inside so she won't cause any more trouble. Get out the vaccuum and suck up all that Comet sprinkled on the floor. THEN finish washing Angie and drain tub again. Blah!


For some comic relief....I just thought I'd add this little blirb. This is what was going through my head as I was trying to keep any poo from going down that drain.

1 comment:

Anna Beal said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard at this!