"Moooom!"
"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!"
Each yell is louder and louder, and does NOT stop until I respond. But....she doesn't ever give me TIME to respond either. She just yells my name over and over again. Riding in the car is a nightmare, because she's CONSTANTLY yelling my name and most of the time she doesn't have anything to say. And since she can't carry a conversation. Sometimes the response, "What Angie?" is not enough. She wants me to interpret what she's trying to say. So when I hear, "Mom! Mom! Maaaaa! MAAAAA!"
"What Angie?"
"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!"
"What Angie?"
"Dah guh bee!" (or WHATEVER she jabbers at the time) if she's pointing out the window at something, I have to try to interpret:
"Do you see some cows?" (or whatever may be interesting at the time). Usually that satisfies her. For about 30 seconds. Then she's at it again. 
Also she is the queen of "No." It's her first response to EVERY question. She'll point at her sippy cup and yell "A Guhink!" so I'll ask, "Do you want your drink?"
"No."
Since I KNOW that's what she DOES want I'll tell her, "Say YES Angie." Then she'll say it in her own adorable way, "Yyyyyyyeah!" (usually included with a little jump or clap.) Here's a video of her doing JUST that.
I don't really recall Caleb being as busy or difficult as her. It may be because she hit the terrible two's so early, or that Caleb's terrible twos were so long ago I've just forgotten. Either way, she's a HANDFUL. Very sweet and much more cuddly than Caleb ever was.....but BUSY. Very busy. She'll be two in 4 months. I just can't believe she's been with us that long. She is JUST ABOUT the age that Caleb was when I graduated Dental Hygiene School. I just can't even fathom that. She's saying so many things:
I don't really recall Caleb being as busy or difficult as her. It may be because she hit the terrible two's so early, or that Caleb's terrible twos were so long ago I've just forgotten. Either way, she's a HANDFUL. Very sweet and much more cuddly than Caleb ever was.....but BUSY. Very busy. She'll be two in 4 months. I just can't believe she's been with us that long. She is JUST ABOUT the age that Caleb was when I graduated Dental Hygiene School. I just can't even fathom that. She's saying so many things:
"Uh cowwer" (I want to color)
"Day doo" (Thank you)
"Bee bee" (Baby)
her FAVORITE: "Naaaaakk!" (Snack) This one can be heard at FULL VOLUME every sunday in church when the sacrament trays are being passed around.
"Kayb" (Caleb)
"Pa pa" (Grandpa)
"Uhh yuuu" (love you)
"Mom"
"Daddy"
"Daddy"
"Uh Shoe" (I want my shoes)
"Pree" (pretty)
"Owwww-shy!" (outside)
"Uh haow" (my hair)
"Feet"
"eyes" (always included with a poke in the eye)
"Go go!"
"Bum bum" ANY mention of her bum and she patts her fanny with her hand. Then she has to go around and find YOUR bum bum and pat it too.
"Guhink" (drink)
"Kiyyyeee" (kitty)
I'm sure as soon as I think of all the words she can say, it'll be time to make a new list because she says about a new word a day. "Cowwr" (color) was yesterday's word.
I love my girl. She really is a sweetheart.
1 comment:
I always think my current two year old is the worst. Its a tough age. Gonna blog about mine soon.
Post a Comment