Wednesday, June 27, 2012

35 Weeks

I was digging through my blog archives to see what I'd written about my last pregnancy.  I was surprised to see how much I DIDN'T write.  We bought a house during my 3rd trimester and I was so pre-occupied with all that I hardly wrote anything about my pregnancy with Angie.  So I decided I'd better do a journal post....simply for record-keeping purposes. :)  I think I'll also create a label to link all my pregnancy posts into one place.
Today I am exactly 35 weeks.  I'm sorry to say I have more complaints than anything else.  Most of all I'm SICK of my scrubs!  I'm still working 4 days a week, but now my size has reached such enormous proportions that my scrubs aren't tight or ill-fitting they're just DOWN-RIGHT UNCOMFORTABLE.  I HATE that I can't get them to stay UP!  And then They have an elastic/draw-string waist, but my belly has it completely stretched.....and when I sit the band presses RIGHT where the baby sits.  It's especially uncomfortable when the baby is active.  In fact....for the most part it's uncomfortable when the baby is active no matter WHAT I'm wearing.  With ONE exception.  May I introduce you to the pants I wish I could wear 24-7.
I got them at Costco about a year ago.....they're yoga pants with a roll-down waistband.  They're super stretchy and comfortable.  I wish I had five pairs.  I can't find them anywhere now.  Not even the Champion website.  Sad. 
My shirts barely stretch over my belly as well.  Only certain maternity shirts actually fit correctly.  I have 2 or 3, but it's not enough to wear every day of the week. Mostly I've been wearing the CK stretchy tees I also got at costco.  (they're a lot like the Downeast "wonder-tee" except a bit longer, looser-fitting, and a tiny bit of a longer sleeve.  But the gap between my pants and my shirt is getting more and more difficult to hide.  Bleh. 
I'm getting around pretty well most of the time.  Nothing compared to about a month and a half ago when I was in so much pain that I could do nothing more than come home from work and cry every day.  Parker is really good about helping me in and out of bed, or the car.....or whatever.  I feel like he's been so kind and supportive.  My only wish would be that he was around a little more.  He works 8-5 with a 1 hour commute on both ends.  And.....lets be honest.....he works a LOT more than 8-5.  There are lots of times that he has to stay late.  And although I'd like to think I'm super-woman and I can do it all.......to be completely honest I just find myself missing him and wishing he was home, much more than I could imagine.  He's been really great to me through this pregnancy.  Last week he called me after work to tell me he'd have to stay late.  My emotional break-down and tears that followed left him feeling so bad that he brought me flowers that evening.  They're still alive too.  Anyway.  Onto other things.
Our family is getting ready for Parker's little brother, Garrett, to come home from his mission in two weeks.  Everybody's pretty excited.  It's gonna be so awesome to have the entire family together again.  And then we'll all get the cherry-on-top about a week or two later when this baby arrives.  
I've got a few things left to prepare for this baby.  Like we should probably install the infant car-seat into the car.  And my nursing supplies need to be dug out of storage still (I hope I can remember where I put it all).  And I haven't packed a hospital bag, but honestly I had so much time laboring at home with Angie.....I don't see how that can bee TOO much of a thing to worry about.  
Anyway.  I've run out of things to blab about.  I'm still debating about taking another preggo picture.  I really hate them.....but the ONE that I took when I was carrying Angie, well I was grateful to have a point of reference the other day.  So we'll see.  I'm publishing this now, but maybe I'll add a picture later.  


1 comment:

Melinda said...

You look SO cute!! Only a few more weeks to go....hang in there.

PS...I love that shirt you are wearing in your pics. It's adorable.