Friday, June 29, 2012

Doctors Appointment

Today I had a doctor's appointment.  I regret that I had to bring my kids along.  They were PRETTY good....but today I had my group-B strep test.  I'm not looking forward to the results on that one....since I've been positive for every pregnancy so far, and all it means is that I get antibiotics while I'm in labor, and that I get to stay an extra day in the hospital...........WHICH I HATE!

I'll get my results next week but I've allready told myself that I'm most likely gonna be positive again, just so I won't be disappointed.  While they were checking me for the GBS, the Doc also checked my cervix.  I'm dilated 2 cm and 40% effaced.  Baby's head IS down.  The doc says this means  we can't exactly predict that I'll go into labor early....but IF I don't.....they will be able to induce me by my due date for sure.  Nice.  I like that news.  He also predicted that this baby will probably have a weight somewhere between what the other kids were.  Caleb was 8 lb 3 oz.  Angie was 6 lb 10 oz.  He guessed probably in the high 7 lb region.....like 7 lb 14 oz or 8 lb 1 oz.  We'll see how accurate his guess is.....since I've never had a doctor guess my baby's weight before.  I won't get my GBS results till next week.  I'll post when I know. 

No comments: