Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm 8 months....leave me alone.

I will be 32 weeks in 2 days.  I swore I would not do ANY pregnant pictures this time around....mostly because I HATE the ones taken of me when I was carrying Caleb.  (I didn't take any with Angie).  But here's my moment to vent, so everybody watch out. 

I see 7 patients a day, and since I've been working in the same office for over 3 years now....most of my patients know me.  Since I only see them every 6 months, I was normal last time they saw me, and now I look huge.  So naturally they ALL feel like they need to say something.  Here's what I get:
(And these are not exaggerations....people ACTUALLY SAID these things to me).
"Well I won't ask what YOU'VE been up to...."
"You've gained some weight since I last saw you."
"That baby must be coming any day."
"You look like you're about to pop."
"You still have EIGHT weeks left?  That's TWO WHOLE MONTHS honey!"
and one from today at CHURCH, not work:
"I knew you were pregnant, but today you are PREG-NANT!"

Thank you everybody.  I know how big I am.  Don't be fooled by the pictures.  I'm wearing a black shirt.  That takes like 3 inches off believe me.  I walk slow, I waddle, I can hardly tie my own shoes, and yes I'm only BARELY eight months along.  I will get bigger. 

What kills me is that people think they can just say whatever they want because I'm pregnant.  I really do get it.  It's an exciting thing.  It's fun to see me change, and it's something that just about everybody can relate to.  But people, I DON'T want your opinion, and I don't want to see the look on your face when you realize I still have 8 more weeks.  It's nothing I haven't told myself allready.  I feel like all comments about my pregnancy are just people's judgements.  Even by simply asking my due date.  I feel like they're then doing the math to figure out how much longer I have, and then making a judgement on whether or not I am the right size for such a date. 

Do us pregnant women a favor.  If you feel like you MUST ask a question, or make a comment.  Limit yourself to things like,
"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"
"How has your pregnancy been so far?"
and
"Congratulations."
I don't want your assessments, comments on my size, or any other opinions.  I feel bad that it bugs me so much, because like I said....I know that EVERYBODY is just probably trying to express their excitement for me.  But I'm tired of it all.  It makes me not want to go to church, or talk to anybody until it's all over. 

So here's the preggo pics.  Allowing all my readers to make their own judgements, but I'm publishing this before I have too much time to think about it and delete them alltogether. 
By the way, incase you feel you should like to say one of the 3 approved questions or comments listed above, let me tell you.  It's a boy, and I am VERY excited about that.  We never thought we'd get two boys....especially not this close together.  My pregnancy has been great actually, with the exception of the pain in my leg that I felt a couple weeks ago that almost crippled me.  Thank goodness that has mostly gone away, and except that I walk slow and can't roll over in bed.....I'm feeling pretty good.
Oh and thanks for your congratulations.  I can't tell you how much I love it when people say that to me.   

7 comments:

Melinda said...

You look FABULOUS!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

John and Robyn said...

Just for the record Hebs....you are seriously one of the cutest preggo ladies I have ever seen and you are ALL baby. I however tend to be huge everywhere not just my belly! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks and see you for myself! Love you!

Anna Beal said...

Awww, you look so cute Hebsie!

Demo Kitchen said...

Um first of all, it's all belly! Tiny bum, face, arms...you look great! Seriously! Oh and congratulations :)

The Wight Family said...

Ok Heather, reading the first part of your blog, I expected the pictures to be scary...You are one of THE cutest pregnant ladies I have ever seen! Your belly is so perfectly shaped and you are so skinny minny everywhere else! You look amazing. Don't listen to everybody else, they're probably jealous they didn't look that good during their pregnancies. I know I didn't! Did you ever find out what was wrong with your leg? I'm glad it's feeling a little better, although I bet you are so anxious to get your little guy here and to get your body back. Hope these last 8 weeks go well for you!

Brian and Lindsay said...

Congratulations, and you look amazing!! Not kidding. :)

Sheri said...

You look so great! I really understood this post, I felt much the same with this last pregnancy. I was nine months huge at 4 months along, and it was so miserable. I ended up gaining 60 pounds this time, about the same as the other pregnancies. It is so HARD. Good luck, you're almost there! I hope people only say nice things from here on out.