Friday, July 6, 2012

GBS

Today I went to the doctor again. I'm 36 1/2 weeks.  I got my Group-B Strep results back.  And guess what?!  It was NEGATIVE!

This was some wonderful news for us.  It means we'll save THOUSANDS of dollars on hospital bills because I won't have to stay 2 days.  It means they won't have to tell me, "You're dilated 10 cm's but we can't let you start pushing just yet because we need to get another bag of antibiotics in your IV before we begin."  It's never really made sense to me that you can be positive for one child (or two in my case) and then negative for the next.  But hey.....I'm not gonna argue either, because I'm just happy that when I get that feeling that says, "Man I would really like to go home now." I CAN JUST GO!  So yeah, if you see someone doing a little happy-dance between now and the time of delivery, that'd be me rejoicing in something as simple as the absence of bacteria in the birth canal. :)

No comments: