Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nat-Soo-Pah

 Last Wednesday we decided to go swimming at Nat-soo-pah.  It's only about 20 minuts from our house, and it was really nice to do something fun while all the family was still together.  Robyn and John came with their kids, as well as Travis and Jill with their family, and aunt Jayne, and grandma and grandpa.  The water temperature was PERFECT, and the kids loved the water slide.
 I did not swim, because I don't have a swimsuit to fit over my huge belly right now.  So I just walked around the pool and took lots of videos and pictures.
Angie wanted to spend the entire time in her yellow tube....but I really wanted to get her used to being in the water, so I had Parker take her out a few times.  Every second she wasn't in that tube, she had her arms wrapped around the neck of whoever was holding her.  But, she seemed to prefer Grandpa to do the task. She really is quite the "grandpa's girl."  She prefers both of her grandpas to just about anybody.  And of course grandpa is a sucker for her little pleas "pa-pa hold me!"
While we were there, I was SOOO surprised at how much Caleb's confidence level has changed this year compared with last year.  He used to be afraid to jump off the side of the pool, much less the diving board.  And he's always preferred to wear his lifejacket as a kinda security blanket.  But this time, he took off his life jacket 5 minutes after he started swimming....and he never put it back on!  He's become quite the little fish.
Caleb even surprised us all on the diving board!  First of all, he jumped without his lifejacket, and his daddy WASN'T waiting to catch him!  I mean, Parker was a few strokes away watching, just incase.  But Caleb didn't jump straight into his arms.  And then to top it all off, he did a front-flip without even telling anybody!  It kinda stopped my heart for a second.  And then I was so proud!  I did get it on video, but blogger takes FOREVER to upload videos.  I might be able to get it on youtube though.


I can't believe it's our 3rd summer here and it's the first time we've been there.  We've allready decided we need to go back.  We stayed until it was dark outside.  Angie even made her way to the hot-tub (which wasn't all that hot) by herself.  As Caleb was climbing out of the pool to go on the slide for the ump-teenth time, he said to me "Mom- I'm NEVER going to stop!"

No comments: