I just have to share with you all. Last night Garrett slept through the night. He's 8 1/2 weeks old. I was just so thrilled. I fed him at 10:30 last night, and then he went right to sleep. Then this morning I woke up at 6:10 (because when you haven't pumped in 8 hours it REALLY starts to hurt) and he was STILL sleeping! Of course I had to go into his room and check to make sure he was still breathing. Which he was. And then I pumped. Oooh the relief. Anyway. I am just amazed. He's such a good baby!
This week was my first week back to work. With that also comes daycare. I'm not sure if I ever posted this, but I lost my day-caregiver last month. Tresa Hansen. I'm sorry...this is the only picture I have of her.
My kids love her so much. They went to her house for 2 years. But her husband got a job teaching in Nevada. Which is so much better than ANY job teaching in Idaho. So they had to move. I was devastated. I got the news they were moving about one 2 weeks before Garrett was born. The only bright side to this whole thing was that I would be going on maternity leave for 8 weeks and would have that much time to find somebody new to watch the kids once I go back to work. Even with 2 months to find a replacement, the news pretty much rocked my world. I spent lots of time fretting and crying over the matter. I would NEVER find anybody as good as her. And there's an un-explainable amount of comfort that you get as a working mom, just knowing that your kids are comfortable where they're at, and that the person caring for them loves them.
Anyway. So this week was the first week at the new daycare. I feel pretty good about this place. It's another in-home daycare....although she has quite a few more kids than Tresa did. But Angie seems to like it. Anyway. Yesterday I was picking up Caleb and as we were getting into the car he says to Mary (a 5 year old girl at the daycare).... "Goodbye honey."
..........
I'm sorry, WHAT?
I looked at Caleb. "Did you just call her 'honey'?"!!
He looks at me. "Mom! We're playing mom and dad."
........... ok....... (is that ok?) .......
"Oh. Ok."
So as we're driving away I decide to investigate the matter (knowing full-well that the first boy I ever held hands with was in first grade, just like my son is). "So Caleb....is Mary your friend?"
"Yeah. But she's a girl."
"well, it's ok to have friends that are girls......as long as you don't kiss them." :) There I said it.
"Right mom. Cuz we don't kiss friends."
"Right."
Lately, Angie has been kind-of obsessed with gender. She's always asking me, "Mommy- you a girl?" and I tell her yes, and that she is too.
"You have a pee pee?"
Honestly....it was funny the first time. But now i'ts just routine. The conversation ALWAYS goes like this.
"No sweetie, I don't have a pee pee. Only boys do, like Daddy and Caleb."
Well a few weeks ago we were at Grandma Lyons's house. Angie was being loved on by her grandpa. He was doing all of the things that make Grandpa the favorite. Pushing her on the swing. Taking her for walks outside (while carrying her of course) and all the while carrying on with extremely meaningful 2-year-old converstion topics. They were sitting on the couch, and she was on his lap, giving him big hugs and being oh so sweet. I looked over at Paul a few minutes later and his face was BEET red. He was trying so hard not to laugh. Ok no...he was laughing, but just laughing so hard he couldn't get it out. I vaguely recalled hearing part of the conversation.
"Pa pa- you a boy?"
oh no. I didn't hear it.....but I KNEW what she'd asked him next. I looked at Paul again.
"She asked you if you had a pee pee didn't she."
He laughed OUT LOUD and nodded. Good job Angie. I think you successfully emberassed your grandpa.
1 comment:
HAHA Oh that Angie sure loves her Papa!!!
Post a Comment