Parker wanted me to take a picture....so when it happened, I pulled over the car on the side of the road and got out my phone. I was so concentrated on trying to get a good photo that when I finally looked up, there were red and blue flashing lights in my rear-view mirror. The cop had allready pulled over and was walking towards me. WHAT?! How did I miss that?! Am I in trouble?
I realized he'd probably pulled over to make sure I was ok. I had turned on my emergency flashers so that nobody would think I'd just parked the car on the side of the road like that.
I rolled down the window and stuck my head out.
"Officer- I'm ok....."
"Are you sure? I thought you might need some help."
"Oh no. my car just reached 200,000 miles and I wanted to take a picture."
he stares at me. Then laughs.
"Oh. I thought you were broke-down and trying to make a phone call."
"No....just getting a picture."
"Well ok....thanks for pulling over."
HA!!! What a great way to remember this moment. Just so you know. That little car hasn't had hardly ANY engine troubles. It's still running strong, and I have no doubt we will drive it into the ground. We'll never sell it. I'm sure we'll make the kids drive it when they start driving (if it's still around by then....which it should be.)
Hang in there Purple Elantra!
No comments:
Post a Comment