Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was with Parker's family.  Parker's work has made some changes lately, and he no longer gets holidays off.  Oh sure, he can take vacation....but HR department has to be open on holidays, because the casino is open on holidays.  Anyway. Parker decided he'd work Thanksgiving day and take off a couple hours early, and then take black friday off so we could spend the entire weekend at his mom and dad's house. 

So on Thanksgiving day, I hung out at home with the kids.  I spent the entire morning and afternoon in the kitchen, since I was in charge of making pies.  My first 2 were pumpkin.  I still have frozen pumpkin from the one my dad gave me from his garden LAST YEAR.  So anyway.  2 down.  2 to go.
For my other pies, I did apple (made with fresh granny smith apples....which was all well and good, except I had to practically beat away the kids with a stick because all those sliced apples were so inviting for a free snack!)  And my second pie was cocoanut cream.  I got the recipe from my sister, Anna.  It's AMAZING!  I will confess that over the thanksgiving weekend, I pretty much ate half of that pie myself.  Which I'm allowed to do because I MADE IT!  :)
We had a late dinner, and stayed up late visiting with parker's parents and Garrett. 
 
On black friday, we went and cut a Christmas tree.  We just went to a tree farm about a mile from Paul and Claudia's house.  The guy charges 20 dollars no matter the size of the tree.  Then I laid down with Angie, while Parker, Paul, and Caleb went on a ride on the four-wheelers. 
 
Then Saturday we relaxed and although we'd planned on doing some shopping, it never really happened.  I got another nap (which truly NEVER happens) and that afternoon Claudia and I took the kids to see, "Wreck It Ralph."  Cute show.  
Garrett and Garrett.  I'm sorry to say this is their first picture together.  At least it's a cute one right?!

No comments: