Sunday, December 2, 2012

No-Shave November

Behold:  the "Novem-beard."  Apparently November is "prostate cancer awareness month" and all the guys at Parker's work (and apparently all the guys in our ward as well) decided to grow a beard for the cause.  (You must be wondering HOW growing a beard could help spread awareness for prostate cancer.  I'm still trying to figure that out myself.)  However it works......there are lots of men ALL OVER THE PLACE sporting the "novem-beard."  And I just think it's so funny that MOST men would agree that facial hair is "manly" and is to be viewed as some kind of accomplishment rather than the itchy, scruffy nuisance that most WOMEN think it is.  If I HAVE TO tolerate some aspect of facial hair....the beard or goatee is ok with me.  But I HATE the mustache.  Not.  A. Fan.
Parker had to keep the beard "tidy" looking for work.  But I think he enjoyed his 30 days of scruff.  And now it's December.  And I've BEGGED him to shave it off.  So here's the last photo.  Guys.  If you want your girl to think you're manly.....do some chores without her asking first.  She'll be MUCH more impressed with that than she will with your beard.  :)  Happy December!

No comments: