Saturday, December 29, 2012

Garrett- 5 months





On December 22nd Garrett turned 5 months old.  Over this past month it seems he has really grown by leaps and bounds.  At the beginning of December, he started grabbing things with his hands.  If you hold something in front of him, he will reach out and try to grab it.  Most of the time he still needs some guidance to actually grab it and hold on, but he's getting better. 

He also found his voice.  Now when he's awake, he is always squawking and screaming, even though most of the time he's happy.
Garrett has a very wide-eyed look that makes him always look like a deer caught in the headlights.
It's absalutely adorable.
We also just started feeding him rice cereal.  He is still trying to figure out how to chew.  But he's getting better at it. 
Also on Christmas eve he rolled over!  A few days before he rolled from his tummy to his back....but he always seemed to forget how to do it, because he'd do it a couple times, and then the next day not at all.  Then on Christmas eve he rolled from his back to his tummy, and now he does it ALL THE TIME!  Whenever I put him on the floor, he just flipps over.  I'm sure we're only weeks away before he is rolling across the room.

I just love his wide smile that greets me every time I take him out of the crib.  He's a very happy baby.  And only cries when he's tired or hungry.  He doesn't really even mind being left on the floor, as long as he's not ignored for too long. :)  At his 4 month doctor's appointment he weighed about 19 pounds.  He was in the 75th percentile for height, 50th percentile for weight, and 90th percentile for head size.  He's a solid baby, and I just love him to pieces!
 
Here's a couple videos of him being his cute little self.  I just love his fat thighs!  He may not be a fat baby, but he's the fattest baby I've ever had....and I absalutely love it.  Whenever I'm holding him I'm just kissing his cheeks.  I just can't get enough of 'em!  I just wanna eat him up!
 



The other day I got him to giggle, and somehow managed to take a video.  Thank goodness, because it's actually pretty hard to get his gut-busting laugh going.  I was so glad I got a video!  It's one of my favorite things to watch.  He's such a joy in my life.

No comments: