Parker was really liking my long hair....so I kept it that way for much longer than I usually do. My hair has been this length:
since before Garrett was born. And my last haircut....was when Angie was still being carried around in her carseat. Yeah. I had Parker cut the ends around the time Garrett was born, just to get rid of the breaks and split ends. And I've enjoyed the versatility of long hair. I mostly put it in a braid for work. Lots of ponytails, and lots of braids. I couldn't war it down very often because Garrett pulls it so much. Finally I was getting fed-up. I decided it was time for a change. I made the decision on a whim and one day after work I had my babysitter's sister cut it off. I decided I wanted to donate my hair (since it was not color treated....and it was definitely long enough).
I probably wouldn't have gone that short normally....but I decided it would be good to donate it. I have lots of friends and family that have battled cancer recently. A friend in my office at work (Sheri), Parker's brother, Garrett, and a young man in our ward (Jared) had all lost their hair from cancer treatment, and then grown it back. I decided I could do this. Even though my hair wouldn't be helping THOSE people, it hopefully would be helping someone.
As I sat getting my hair cut, Angie stood there and bawled her little eyes out. "No mommy! Don't let her cut your hair!"
Poor Angie. Her hair is just to thin and sparce to grow out long. Not to mention I STILL can't get it to grow on top yet! She is always brushing my hair and touching it. She called me "Rapunzel" all the time, especially when I braided my hair. Anyway. Now she asks me every day. "Mom. Why is your hair not growing?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment