Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall begins and CRAZY weather!



This fall has brought some crazy weather!  This video is of a severe rain/hail/wind storm we had at the beginning of September.  I have honestly never seen anything like this in Idaho.  I submitted this video to KTVB at 9:40 in an e-mail and it showed up on the 10:00 news that night!  I was pretty excited!  This storm was only like this in Filer!  Twin Falls (only 6 miles away) got some wind and rain, but the wind/rain and HAIL at these speeds only hit us in little Filer.  It pretty much destroyed my garden.  This fall has also brought lots of fires (especially in the Wood River Valley) that created some pretty spectacular sunsets.
Below here is a picture I took on my way home from work.  I believe this was the day AFTER that huge storm you saw in the video.
And THIS one is actually the sunrise on a Friday morning.  I've been doing my grocery shopping at 6:00 AM on Friday mornings.  I do this so I don't have to take my kids.  Call me crazy, but I HATE shopping with my children so much.  And going at this time gave me so much more of an opportunity to keep my temper in check with those little ones.  Driving home from the store I've gotten to see the sunrise in my rear-view-mirror.  I've never been very fond of 6:00 AM.....but seeing a beautiful sunrise, and feeling like you've accomplished your errands in half the time before Dad even leaves for work: well....lets just say it's worth it in my book.
Below are just a few more pictures we have taken this fall.  Garrett eating dirt.  And my kids in the sunset. 





I'm pretty grateful for these 3 little yay-who's.  They are pretty awesome kids.  And I'm very blessed to have them.

No comments: