Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"You Little Turkey-Bird!"




Okay, so the other day Caleb, Parker and I went over to my sister Melissa's house for the day to hang out. Melissa has two little boys as well: Chase and Tyler. Tyler is only two months older than Caleb. Anyway, it started to get hot outside, so we filled the little ankle-deep swimming pool with water and let the boys play. Here's the problem though....Caleb is DEATHLY afraid of swimming. He loves taking a bath, cuz he's done it since he was born...but you put him in a pool (large or small) and he FREAKS OUT. Here's a picture of the boys playing, and Caleb warmed up to the idea after a while, but he only consented to getting his feet wet. He just sat there and watched the boys play, and fussed when they splashed him in the face. We've decided that swimming lessons is a MUST for this kid, and we'll have to get him started as soon as possible. I have a feeling this fear of water is going to take years to fully overcome. Parker always calls Caleb a "turkey-bird" when he's being a little chicken, or anyting silly for that matter. I think it's funny. I've never heard the expressin before, but apparently Parker's family uses it all the time.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog too! Cool! Lydia was scared of the pool too, well she still is of big pools, but she got use to the kiddie pool cause it was on a hill and there was only a few inches of water so she could be in the pool but not in the water, and she adjusted to it slowly then when we put enough water to fill the bottem few inches she started loving it.

Anna Beal said...

Looks good heather