Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Jackalope

Okay, so yesterday Parker wanted to take me to dinner cuz he left to go back to school today. And so we went to the Texas Roadhouse. Now as we were eating and talking, I looked up and saw this funny creature mounted on the wall. Here' a picture.

Okay so my first thought was: "Allright, someone stuffed that jackrabbit and put antlers on it to be funny." But just to be sure, I asked Parker, "What is that thing?". Without missing a beat he says, "Oh, that's a Jackalope."

.........."A Jackalope?" .........

"Yeah." He goes on to tell me that they're around really remote desert areas. He tells me that you can find them out in Oakely (which is out in the boonies past where his parents live) and that they just grow two point antlers and......on he goes. So then I'm thinking to myself, "How does a rabbit breed with ANY kind of creature with antlers?" There he did it. He made a fool of me. As soon as I started to ask it out loud he starts laughing. I just about leaned across the table and slapped him. You know, he didn't have me convinced, but the fact that he had me even CONSIDERING that such a creature exists is joke enough. That's right, I'm a gullable fool and now the world knows it, but I have to admit it was pretty funny. I spent the rest of the evening trying to convince him that I didn't believe him all along, but he didn't buy it. He knows me better. I love you Parker! I'm sure gonna miss you this week.

Heather

Oh, I just have to say one more thing about this song: there is just something amazing about Diamond Rio. I don't know what it is, but they have like this six-part harmony on all of their songs and it just makes my skin crawl cuz it's so beautiful. I know they sound pretty much like the typical "country twang" but it SO works for them. Their muic is some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever heard. This song is dedicated to Parker who is now living away from me for four days a week.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

ok, that jackalope is pretty dang funny, espically since Parker just started going on and on about it.
Good luck this week. I hope it gets easier with time.

Anna Beal said...

So when you started to tell the story about the Jackalope, I was totally believing it....I just got punked! That is too funny, and I would totally believe Parker because he is way into hunting, so from now on Parker has officially cried wolf...I will not believe a word next time.

Mark said...

Oh..Parker. That was too funny heather. I know that sarah and I really miss you guys hope you are having fun in the snow. I think I'll go put some shorts on just for you guys and then go bass fishing.