Well I've been thinking about this, and I decided I wanted to make a post about some of my favorite things in the world. Now, I don't really consider myself a materialistic kind of a person, however, these things are some of my most favorite in the whole wide world.
Before I start, I have to also add that last night I finally finished "Jayne Eyre." I started this book months ago, and it was so slow starting that I put it down for weeks at a time. Then I got to the middle, and it was suddenly good. And for the past 3 days I have been glued to that book. It is now one of my favorites. I completely understand why it's a classic. What a wonderful story it is. I recommend this book to anybody, it was awesome!
Okay, here's a few of my favorite things in the world....
1. My crystal nail file. My mom's friend, Teresa, got this for my sisters and me for Christmas and it's one of my most prized posessions. This thing never dulls. It does, however, BREAK! That's right.....crystal = GLASS! That's why it comes in a case. Parker was so fascinated with it the other day when I was showing it to him, and I told him it was crystal and he started bending it, and he broke the handle. AUGH! I was kinda mad, but at least he didn't snap the thing in half, so it still works.
2. My iPOD. Dang straight! I love my ipod. Parker has been messing around with it ever since we got it, but I think he's finally got the thing figured out, and he's now in the process of downloading all kinds of movies and things on it. I've been using it when I work out. But I really love it, and I can't wait to fill it with all those songs that I love on the radio that I DON'T HAVE. But I will.
2. My iPOD. Dang straight! I love my ipod. Parker has been messing around with it ever since we got it, but I think he's finally got the thing figured out, and he's now in the process of downloading all kinds of movies and things on it. I've been using it when I work out. But I really love it, and I can't wait to fill it with all those songs that I love on the radio that I DON'T HAVE. But I will.
3. My Magnification Loupes. These things are what I use at work. They make it easier for me to see in the mouth, and they're really nice. They save my back and arms and I totally love them. I don't regret getting them for a second.
4. My sonicaire toothbrush. I love this thing to death. You may know, I've already mentioned this thing in a pevious post. I really prefer it to a manual toothbrush, it just feels so good. I'll never go back.
4. My sonicaire toothbrush. I love this thing to death. You may know, I've already mentioned this thing in a pevious post. I really prefer it to a manual toothbrush, it just feels so good. I'll never go back.
5. My cell phone. It's funny that I never actually owned my own cell phone until a couple months ago. For about three years before that, Parker and I shared a cell-phone but it wasn't till recently that I had my very own cell phone. And I like it lots.

6. My ceramic flat-iron. I got that thing after I got my first dramatic haircut, and it's never failed me since. I also have Teresa to thank for this one. It was kinda expensive, but it has BY FAR paid itself off. I can't tell you how many flat-irons my sisters have gone through, and I still have the same one. The chord doesn't wind up all crazy-like, and it always gets hot, and the spring has never broken. 
7. Okay, I have to admit, this thing is NOT mine. It's my mom's. However, it's awesome. It's a noise-maker that I keep in Caleb's room. It makes sounds like rain, thunderstorm, rainforest, ocean, a heartbeat, and white noise. OH! And crickets.....parker LOVES the crickets. We use that thing, and it just eases my conscience cuz I don't have to worry about the noisy family waking up my little boy.
8. Okay, this isn't mine EITHER. But once again, my mother just has the awesomest stuff. I have never had a good-night sleep like the ones I have on the MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS TOPPER. Oh my goodness. I love a soft mattress, I like to sink in and fall asleep. Hard mattresses make my shoulders and hips hurt. But this memory foam mattress topper is simply heavenly. Thank you Costco!
Okay, I'm done being materialistic. I just had to let you all know about my favorite things. I never really posted about new years, and that's because I'm still collecting pictures. Can you believe I forgot to bring the camera to my favorite party of the year? Rediculous I know. Okay, I promise I won't wait so long to post again!
5 comments:
I am jealous of the ceramic flat iron and the memory foam mattress topper! I want a new flat iron so bad- and a nice one. I think I might ask for one for my Birthday. Happy New year to you! So glad we got to see you guys a couple weeks ago!
You crack me up. When I read your writing, I can here you saying it in my head. You type just like you talk, Heather. So funny! Anyway, I wish we could have hung out with you guys more over Christmas. I hardly even got to talk to you! Hope all is well.
I love my Chi flatiron too! Is yours a Chi? anyway....sorry we're so noisy (refer to post)
have parker email me. I havent talked to him since your wedding! -steve strank phantomsniper801@aol.com
Hey! I'm sure you have, but have you checked for jobs in Burley? I only ask cause Brandons mom works at a dentist office there (Dr. Wright). We could always probe for info you'd like :)
Post a Comment