Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Grove/Stampede birthday!

Last summer, Parker and his dad won second place in a golf tournament in Burley. The prize they won was 4 courtside tickets to an Idaho Stampede game, and 2 hotel rooms at The Grove.

Awesome seats aren't they?!!!


We got to sit by the team owners, and Parker visited with them throughout the game. They even gave us t-shirts towards the end of the game! But what was funny was the mascott. You see in the picture that he drove this truck around during time-outs. Well one time he sprayed us with some silly-string. So Parker gathered it all up and then the next time the mascot drove by, Parker threw the wad of silly-string at him. .........
..... he immediately slammed on his brakes and stood up like Parker was trying to pick a fight with him. Then he ran over and sprayed him on the head with the silly-string. It got everywhere! I got a little video after it all happened, you can watch below. It was pretty funny.
We arrived to the game so early, that a couple girls asked us to play in a time-out game on the court. We had to compete against another couple for a prize. There was a suitcase of clothes, which we both had to put on....and then we each had to make a basket. The first team to get all the clothes on and make both baskets won a free night in a jacuzzi suite at the comfort inn. I got a video of that one too! And as you can see by the pictures below.... we won!! I made that basket on the first shot! (we all knew Parker would make his shot).
I had such a fun birthday! And I still have one more post~!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

AWESOMENESS!!!

Anna Beal said...

Seriously Heather, that is the coolest!!!! I'm so jealous! Hope you had a good birthday.

Nathan Willis said...

You guys kicked butt in the half time competition!