Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Snap!

One of Caleb's new favorite movies is Mary Poppins. At first he only seemed interested in the animated part....but now he really enjoys the whole thing. And I've heard him singing some of the songs to himself. Especially "I love to laugh." His favorite part of that song is when Burt sings, "Some laugh too fast......some only blast...........PAAH!" He'll also dance around the house kicking his legs in the air like "step-in-time." Well today he came running up to me and said, "Mommy I snapped!!" Sure enough he did. I even got a video!


How amazing is that?!! My three-year-old can snap his fingers! Believe it or not, he was so excited that he'd figured out how to snap, that he continued snapping his fingers ALL DAY. He snapped so much that he wore a blister on his finger, and then this evening it ripped. OUCH!
Okay, so the funny part is that when I got home from work he kept trying to show me a "freckle" on his finger. I really wasn't sure what he was talking about, but I couldn't see anything (now I know why.....it was just a blister....white). He said, "the freckle hurts.....but it's okay I can do this one." and he started snapping with the other hand.
He wouldn't let me clip that flap of skin either. He was HYSTERICAL! He wouldn't let me touch his finger at all, except to put a band-aid on it. So that's what we did. Later on he pulled the band-aid off and then actually ripped the flap of skin himself. And surprisingly, it didn't hurt. He came up to me and said "Wook mommy! I wripped it by myself!" So there you go. I didn't have to clip it after all.

Okay....this isn't really related, but today Angie had THE WORST blow-out diaper of her life! It went so far up her back it was almost to her neck. Augh gross! Parker decided he needed a picture, so here it is:
She'll be so happy we took this picture once she's a teenager. The person who invents a diaper that doesn't allow blow-outs up the back WILL HAVE MY BUSINESS!! She stains so many onesies! They must be hand-washed with soap and scrubbing before you throw them in the laundry, otherwise it will stain yellow. You CAN'T just throw those things in the wash. It's not enough. And even sometimes hand washing is not enough. Ick. How many years till she's potty-trained?......oh right she's only 8 weeks.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

WOW Caleb! I'm very impressed!! Made me laugh when he got a blister but that's ok cause he can just do this one.