Tuesday, June 1, 2010

31. New Leaf

Day 31: THE LAST DAY OF A BLOG A DAY IN MAY!

Well, I'm not gonna lie. I'm quite relieved that May is over and I don't have to blog anymore. Because I've got something else to keep me busy now. And believe me I'm plenty busy. But I'm really getting sick of my body. Now that breastfeeding is over.....the extra calories and fat cells are no longer exiting my body on a daily basis. They're going in.....but not coming out. And I'm feeling it. It's time to pick up where I left off a year ago before I got pregnant. It's time to start exercising again. Keeping healthy is important to me, and although I don't necessarily want to be a stick-figure model.....I do know that I can lose some pounds. And inches. Definately inches. When I started running a year ago, I really was doing well. I was even losing weight...and inches. And I only was consistant for about 2 months. When I got pregnant, I quit.....because I really didn't have the energy. But now it's time.

Last year it was different, because we were living with Parker's parents at the time. And even though I WAS working......I wasn't exactly cooking dinner every night. I had more time in the evenings. Now things are different. When am I gonna have time to work out? Well I'll just have to do what the other busy people are doing. There is definately NO time after work. Not to mention, no energy after work. It's gonna have to be in the morning. No I am not a morning person. But....I have to make myself be a morning person. Because this HAS to be done. And there's no other time to do it. My mom works out in the morning. I used to think she was completely crazy to get up even earlier than what is already an early morning, and do something as un-fun as exercise. But it's so important to her to take care of herself. And with heart disease in our genes.....she just decided it had to be a priority. And now I'm in the same boat. And even though I feel like I'm insane. And I hate myself when that alarm goes off......this morning I got up early and went for a run. A short run this time. I'm SO out of shape. So I didn't push it at all. Fifteen minutes. That's all I did. But I did it. I got out of bed and put on those shoes and hit the road. And I DID feel good. I know it's going to be hard. But I'm not happy with the extra inches around my waist and on my face. So I run. We'll see if I can be as good at running in June as I was at blogging in May (which wasn't that good....sparatic....but I did get a post for every day this month...even if about half of them were late.....they're there.)
Wish me luck!
And PEACE OUT! I will NOT be blogging tomorrow.

No comments: