Can I tell this just from a personality of a baby? No. She will grow, and has her agency. She will make choices for herself, and they may not always be the right one. And will she turn out just like me? I think not.....(hopefully much better)... but she is alot like me. I'm so excited to continue to watch how she learns and grows. She is such a joy in my life. Both my children are.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Angie the Observant
Over the past couple days, I've learned some things about my baby girl. She's very content. So content, that she's hitting her growth landmarks (well I shouldn't say landmarks....it's really just one) a little behind schedule. Not that it's a big deal at all. She's a few days over five months old, and she's still not rolling over at will. We've all seen her do it from time to time, but if you lie her on her back....she pretty much stays there. She loves to sit and stare at you (not that she has much else to do.....).
She is still hitting other landmarks right on "schedule"....she's been eating rice cereal for a couple weeks now and is doing very well with it. She's also cooing, squauking, and blowing bubbles (which is way cute). She even chatters herself to sleep after she's fed in the middle of the night. (which means she must be falling asleep without her nuk.....which could hopefully mean it won't be too difficult to get rid of when that time comes). She also likes to reach out and grab things, and really enjoys things that make noise (rattles, baby wipes, or grocery sacks).
But a couple days ago, Parker's sister (Robyn) came to town. She has a little baby (Kaylee) that is only 3 weeks older than Angie. And she's so different! Now, I don't want to spend the entire time comparing these two girls, because all babies are different. But let me just give you taste of the differences. First of all, baby Kaylee is much shorter than Angie. She's also much more giggly. All you have to do is look at that girl and she starts to laugh. It's so adorable! Angie makes you work for her laughs. Kaylee is also MUCH MORE accomplished at rolling over. You lie her down (back or belly), and she flipps over....and then proceeds to roll back and forth until she gets stuck somewhere. She is also very close to sitting up on her own. Angie....not even close. Angie loves to stand up....and I think as a result of that....she's very stiff all the time.
Kaylee seems so curious and determined to figure things out. Like she's always trying to accomplish something. (Like grabbing Angie's face). Angie....it's almost like she's trying to figure out what you're thinking. She just lies on her back staring at you. Now don't get me wrong, she actually loves to roll onto her side too....but it's not very often that she completes the turn. And Angie also has curiousity. She likes to stare at her toys, or her feet. But I think her legs are almost too long for her to reach them (Kaylee loves to hold onto her feet).
If I could make some predictions about my little Angie....this is what I think: I think she's going to be a good listener. And as a result (hopefully) rather obedient. It's likely that she'll be intraverted (like I was....and I guess still am)....meaning she won't need other people to keep her entertained. Which means she may enjoy playing by herself when she gets older. It's likely that some life-lessons she will figure out all on her own.......learning from the lessons and mistakes of those around her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment