Sunday, June 20, 2010

Yard changes, and Toy Story 3

This weekend has been really fun. To start it off, Caleb and I went to see Toy Story 3 on Friday afternoon. I decided we wouldn't do it in 3D because I wasn't sure if Caleb would like it or not. We LOVED the movie. This is only Caleb's 3rd time to the movies. His first was "The Princess and the Frog" when Angie was born and I was in the hospital for a couple days. The second was "Shrek ever after" with his Aunt Jayne. And then I got to take him to Toy Story. I thought it was really awesome! A great ending to this series of films. And can I just say that Disney sequels are almost always a guaranteed failure....with the one exception...and that's the Toy Story movies. Hopefully Cars 2 will be just as good.Angie's starting to get pretty playful. She rolls over sometimes, but really enjoys lying on her back so she can see everything. She can grab really well if you hold something in front of her. And she loves things that make noise. She likes to shake her rattle, or try to hit the package of baby wipes. She blows bubbles and sqacks and has been eating rice cereal very well once a day. She is such a joy.


Well yesterday was one of the first Saturdays that has had nice weather...AND we've both been home. So we did some yard work. The grass around the tree in the front yard wasn't growing well. So we decided we're going to make an island covered with rock. We had some flowers popping up in front of Caleb's window, and they were getting pretty tall. Since that area still has a lot of work to do, we decided to try and move them over to the new island. Can you guess what they are? I had to look it up, cuz I wasn't sure either. It's a Peony! I don't know what color they're gonna be yet.....I guess we'll see.

Caleb was so cute when he was trying to help. He got his little shovel, and started moving the rock from the truck to the wheel barrel. His face got a little red towards the end (it got pretty hot). We didn't quite finish, because we ran out of rock. But we got close. Slowly, but surely, our yard is transforming into something nice.


No comments: