Tuesday, June 1, 2010

30. Memorial Weekend

Day 30: A Blog A Day In May

For memorial weekend we went down to Utah. Parker's grandparents are buried in Ogden.....as well as a bunch of other relatives and ancestors. Memorial day was never really a big deal in my family. Besides the marker of the beginning of water-ski season we never really did much. Parker's family, however, kinda has a tradition to go to the cemetary. And it's not like those buried there are really there. We know they're in the spirit world. But it serves as a time for Parker's dad and grandpa to tell stories about those we've never met. About the pioneers, and about some great people and families.
These pictures were taken in Grandpa Lyons's tree in his front yard. It's a really big maple tree. Great for climbing. Garrett climbed up, and Caleb wanted to come up too.

After we hit all the cemetaries, we went to Parker's aunt Jo's house for a barbeque dinner. Aunt Jo and uncle Ted have 3 four-wheelers at their house, and they took some of the kids out for a ride. Caleb has never been on one before....so when they fired those things up, he got REALLY excited and wanted to go too. So Parker took him. He thought it was great.


This picture of Parker next to this stone is one of many. I guess Parker's parents thought of his name because of this big marker in the cemetary. It's nobody we're related to or anything....they just saw the name and liked it. So he's got lots of pictures by it growing up. I wanted to take another though, because I don't have one.

Jayne and Katelyn also came up to spend time with us (since they live in Utah anyway). Katelyn brought her boyfriend, Jared, for us to meet. They're sure cute together! And I LOVE this picture!




Well...I honestly didn't mean to add this video, I thought it was a different one. But since it's here, I'll leave it. One of the headstones has been changed since the last time we went there 2 years ago. We're not entirely sure why it's different now, or who authorized the change....but it's definately changed.

The next video is just of the boys climbing the tree at Grandpa's house. And the last one is Caleb and parker riding the 4-wheeler.

Memorial weekend was lots of fun. We love hanging out at Aunt Jo's house. It's so much fun. There's always lots of family to come and visit, and Parker's mom's family is just.....well fun. Loud....but fun. :)

No comments: