Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's a marshmallow world!

It snowed last night......a lot. A good 2-3 inches (at least....on the driveway) when you measure it in the grass, it's more like 5 to 6 inches. Caleb gets VERY excited when it snows outside. He ALWAYS wants to go out and play. I told him if he ate all of his breakfast that he could go out and play.
I bundled him up in his new coat and snow-suit. He still doesn't have snow boots. So I put his rain boots on with an extra pair of thick socks. It seemed to do the trick.

The first thing he did when he stepped outside.....he bent over and picked up a handful of snow and ate it. Ha ha! It was so cute.

His first face-plant into the snow sent snow down his neck and under his coat. Not good. He wanted to go inside (it'd been 5 minutes). I got my scarf and showed him how we wrap it around his neck so that the snow won't go under his coat again. The scarf bought him another 25 minutes outside. He had a blast.

Then the seal between his coat and gloves let some snow in. And he was done. He's so funny. He's like me. I guess I can say the holidays are here. It's a week before thanksgiving, and there's snow on the ground. That sounds like enough excuses for Christmas music for me! Except I never needed excuses in the first place. I've been listening to Christmas music for 2 weeks now! :)


2 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

Oh! Homesick! Ethan and I loved looking at these pictures and the video. Can't wait for snow here! So cool you have your own yard to send him out to play in!

Melissa and Tory Hebdon said...

It's late at night and I'm still waiting for my dear husband to get off work after being there for 16 hrs and counting... so I've spent the last half hour reading your blog! I miss you! Love Mel.