Christmas this year was lots of fun. With Christmas day falling on a Tuesday, it made for a long weekend with no work! So Friday after Parker got off work we drove to Boise to spend the weekend at my mom and dad's. We did some family pictures (though I'm not sure how well they've turned out) with all 12 grandkids and all my siblings and our spouses. I got some new clothes for the kids and it really looks sharp. Here's a picture of Angie's new outfit. I didn't get one of Caleb, but he got a new sweater that's black and grey horizontal stripes. He loves it and it looks sharp.
The kids had a blast hanging out with their cousins. Caleb ran a fever up to about 2 days before Christmas. He handled it really well though, and as long as I kept him on medication, he continued to play and have fun. Christmas day he passed it onto his sister, only Angie did not recover as well. She ran a fever for 5 days straight and finally I took her to the doctor and she had an ear infection. A day after being on antibiotics, and you'd never know she'd been so sick for so long. What a bummer to have sick kids for Christmas, but as I said before it really wasn't that bad because as soon as the medication kicked in they were happy and ready to play.
On Christmas Eve we spent the day at my mom and dad's. We exchanged our gifts and then headed home at about 4:00. We got home with enough time to make a batch of cookies for Santa, and to read a Christmas story under the tree.
Ignore Caleb's bad attitude in this video. We're still teaching him a few lessons on Christmas etiquette like "We never ASK for a present." and we are always grateful for a present, even if it's not a toy. I won't lie, it kinda bothers me that he acted this way. Every time we visited a grandparent or Aunt/Uncle he asked if they had a present for him. I've really always thought to myself that I am not gonna spoil my kids, but there were moments this Christmas season, where he really did act that way. Angie is so young, she's grateful for anything. Whenever she was asked what she wanted for Christmas, she'd always reply, "A toy." Simple. So easy to please. Hopefully we can spend the next year teaching Caleb a little more about grattitude. Even though we had so many talks about the true meaning of Christmas and the spirit of giving, I suppose it's a lesson that will have to take a little more time to sink in.
Christmas morning was exciting, and I think the kids really liked their presents.
Baby Garrett didn't get much....honestly....what's the point? We got him some new jammies (see the picture below....monsters inc. SO CUTE. And a little toy to hang from his car seat, and a johnny jumper. He looks pretty happy with his Christmas don't you think?
Christmas jammies!!
My grandmother always gives presents to her grandchildren and great grandchildren. I really don't know why....she has SOOO many! I mean, we're talking over a hundred people there! For her great-granddaughters (at least the ones in our family) she made these little princess costumes! She made them each a skirt, and a matching hat. Isn't that so cute?! The girls LOVED IT!
On Christmas Day after our little family was done opening presents, we made the drive to Burley to exchange gifts with Parker's family. Robyn and John were in town, and so Caleb and Angie got to play with their cousins Lucas and Kayleigh.
We had dinner and then headed back home because Parker had to work on the 26th. Thank goodness I took the 26th off. I used that time to recover the house from the Christmas bomb. Wouldn't you know, with Angie having the fever that she did, I ended up calling in sick on the 27th and managed not to work a single day last week. NICE! With new years eve, and new years day off as well, we're looking at almost 2 weeks off. It was very hard to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment