I just thought I'd take a few minutes to let you know that this diet hasn't been such a walk in the park. Practicing self control is hard. And although my progress is extremely motivating (I've lost 10 pounds so far) and exciting at the same time.....I am really starting to want a cookie. Or two. Or ten. THIS however, is the reason I haven't had one. I know if I take one bite, I'll just want more....and then all of the sudden I've had more than I can count. No. I won't do that. I want a cheeseburger. I want PIZZA! Today everybody at the office went to Maxie's pizza. My FAVORITE place to eat out for lunch. My favorite pizza. I was SO close to going. But I didn't.
And yesterday we decided to welcome our new neighbors who just moved in. I made a batch of cookies and didn't eat a single one. I even had 100 calories to spare on my count for that day. I totally could have done it, and still have kept within the 1200calorie limit. But I didn't, because I knew I'd want another one. We gave half to the neighbors, and I asked Parker to take the other half to work. (Because incase you didn't know.....my chocolate chip cookies are awesome). I can't keep them in the house to tempt me every day.
I'm also down a pants size. It really is exciting. I can't wait to get to go shopping and get myself a new swimsuit, and wear a form-fitting shirt without worrying about a muffin-top.
I'm also doing some light exercise. I jump-rope till I can't breathe (usually just a minute or two) and then I go inside and do crunches and push-ups. Then I go BACK outside and jump-rope again till I can't breathe anymore. Then I do another set of crunches and push-ups. The whole thing takes barely 15 minutes. It's not the kind of exercise that the health professionals recommend. But it's something.
Every day is a battle. The progress is so exciting. Last weekend I wore a pair of pants that haven't fit in 4 years! It was so awesome! But I face decisions every day. And cravings. I satisfy my sweet-tooth with fruit smoothies (if I have enough calories to spare at the end of the day) and frozen bananas with cocoa powder.
I hope to lose at least 10 more pounds. So. No cookies. No cheeseburgers. No fun. But DANG I'm gonna feel good about myself when summer gets here!
No comments:
Post a Comment