Monday, January 14, 2013

Weight loss attempt #?

Well I'm trying to lose weight....AGAIN.  In all fairness to myself, my previous attempts haven't been total failures, I always have done quite well when I decide to lose weight.  Then I get pregnant.  After that what's the point right?  Well.  I'm NOT pregnant.  And I'm NOT breastfeeding anymore.  And I've run out of excuses.  So on the day after new years, I started my "diet.  Incase you don't remember, and you don't feel like checking the archives for the last time I did this, Here's the low-down.

-No sugar....EVER.
     Natural sugars from fruit ok.  Added sugars are not.
-No bread.
     I am making a TINY exception to this rule.  I'm allowing myself 1 piece of bread as long as it's whole-wheat bread.  But I still try to aviod it as best as I can.
- No white flour.
     This pretty much is included in the no bread thing.  But I also can't have soups or things that are thickened with white flour or cornstarch.
-No potatoes. 
     Yams are ok.  But not potatoes.
- No pasta.
     I also make an exception to this rule MAYBE once a week, and if I do, it's ALWAYS whole-grain pasta.

AND (HERE'S THE HARDEST PART)
1200 calories a day.  You must count.  And you must record.

8-10 glasses of water a day.

All other products (salad dressing, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream etc) should be low-fat.  This is not a RULE, but I'll tell you this.  If you only get 1200 calories a day, you're not gonna want to waste 100 of those precious calories to your salad dressing.  Going low-fat on these products makes it easier to fill your belly with FOOD instead of high-calorie extras.

I've found myself skipping out on things like putting butter on my toast (I'll use sugar-free jam instead.  60 calories vs. 10 in 1 tablespoon) and I avoid cheese a lot, because there's so many calories in just one ounce!  Anyway.  Today is day 12.  I've lost 6 pounds so far.  And I forgot to measure my waist so there's no quantifying there....except I can tell you that I allready feel smaller. 

Things are going well, and I'm motivated and disciplined.  This summer I want a new swimming suit.  And it's my 10 year high school reunion, so I've got plenty of reasons to keep on going.  I found an AMAZING app on my phone that is helping me SO MUCH!  It's called "my Fitness Pal"  and it counts the calories FOR ME.  I did this diet last time just counting on a piece of paper.  But my phone goes where I go.  And the app helps me to know how many calories in each portion INSTANTLY.  And It's been extremely helpful.  I also record my weight on the app, and it graphs my progress and gives me a projected date for when I will hit my target weight.  It's very exciting.


No comments: