Just a week later we made ANOTHER trip to Ogden for the New Years Eve party at Parker's Aunt Jo's house. Everyone on the Moore side of the family is invited and they do it every year. It's so much fun. Jo has a large great-room downstairs that is very open and great for having a lot of company. Above her garage is a bonus-room that is kid-heaven! All the 2nd cousins play upstairs and the grown-ups watch football downstairs and play games.
Here's a picture of all the 2nd cousins. I don't think we ever actually got a head-count but there were SOOO many people in that house. It was so fun!
I'm sad to say Parker couldn't come. He had to work at the new years eve party that the casino was throwing. So I attended his family party without him. Another drive to Utah without him. Thank goodness the roads weren't bad this time.
The picture below was of all the birthday kids in December and January. So Angie got to be sung to. She's so cute standing there!
Caleb buddied up with Bryson and Jameson. And honestly, I think those boys spent a lot of time huddled around an ipad. But when bedtime came, Caleb ran up to me and BEGGED me to get to sleep next to Jameson. They were so excited to get to spend the night together.
There was so much food! I made some dip for apples, and a cocoanut cream pie. The pie was gone within 15 minutes and the dip would have disappeared too if there'd been enough apples.
Parker's cousin Merrin brought mustache stick-ons for the kids! Oh my they had a ball with that! Angie even wore one (sorry I didn't get a picture of THAT), but I DID get a picture of baby G and Caleb wearing THEIRS!
Angie and Caleb both stayed up till midnight. I didn't think Angie would make it, but she did. No doubt because she had a 2 1/2 hour nap during the drive down. After midnight arrived, a lot of people went home, and the rest of us who had to travel to get there, all blew up the air mattresses and made our beds all over the floor. There was hardly any empty floor space to walk around. And upstairs where the kids were was even worse. Everyone settled down after 1:00. Let me just say that I'm a light sleeper and I heard every person who woke up to go to the bathroom, and every little cough. And lets not forget I still get to feed a baby in the middle of the night. Thank goodness my air mattress doesn't leak (like half of the people there). I didn't sleep much at all. And the next day I packed up our stuff and drove home.
WOW. That was a hard drive. I was eating, and making phone calls just to stay awake. But we made it, and the kids actually slept most of the way.
We love our new years tradition! Hopefully Parker will get to come next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment