Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Power Outage

 July as brought lots of fun.  Including thunderstorms, and power-outages.  One evening I got home from work and realized it was hot in my house.  I checked the thermostat, and discovered that the batteries had died, and so the AC didn't run all day.  It was about 80 degrees in the house.  Ick. 
 
So I changed the batteries, and then discovered that I needed to re-program the thermostat.  After doing that, the temperature started to go down.  We got to about 78 and then a thunderstorm rolled in.  Complete with lightning, and rolling thunder.  We heard a loud crack of thunder, and then out went the lights.  I took a cute video:
 

 
After about an hour, I decided my house was too hot.  And not to mention....I couldn't exactly cook dinner with no electricity.  So as soon as daddy got home, we headed to Burger King.
Then we went to a little park (actually it was a pretty run-down elementary school playground in Twin Falls) and let the kids play until we heard news that the power was back on. 

Mostly I just took a bunch of really cute pictures, and my kids are so cute.

 With all the thunderstorms rolling around, it started a fair share of fires, so we had a smoky red sunset that evening.














No comments: