I'm sitting here at ten-fifteen, and I can barely keep my eyes open. Full time work means early morning hours. And I, the night owl, have succombed to early night sleepiness. Only a few days ago I was starting a movie at this time. Just the other night, Parker and I stayed up past one. But I just can't do it anymore. I'm all grown-up I guess. Yes it's ten fifteen and I'm ready to hit the sack, but here's the sad part....I've been yawning and rubbing my eyes for two hours. I get up at six-thirty now instead of eight-thirty. And on days when Parker goes to school, I get up at six. Here's another thing that stunk today....
I woke up this morning to hear Caleb crying. I laid there hoping he would stop so I wouldn't have to go upstairs and get him.....but he just kept crying. So I threw off the covers, swung my legs off the bed and mozied upstairs. Now, isn't it interesting that even though I hadn't looked at the clock I just had this sense that I'd been sleeping for a while (so it couldn't be the lovely three o'clock in the morning which would mean I could go back to bed) and I just knew I wasn't going to get to climb back into my soft and warm bed. Just as I reached the top of the stairs he stopped crying. And I waited.....assuming he would start again. He didn't. And then I looked at the clock. I had five minutes till my alarm would go off. HOW DOES HE DO THAT?!! Okay, guess what ELSE this kid does? I don't know how but almost every night.....just as I'm dozing off.....drifting between asleep and awake......Caleb starts crying. I'm not kidding it happen's so much that I sometimes wonder if he doesn't have like a sixths sense or something. It's not every night, but a couple times a week for sure.
I got my first paycheck today! They come every two weeks from now until I'm done. Here's what is ALSO great.....my paycheck had been sitting there for a week, cuz I didn't know when they came....so I get another one on Monday! Yay for me!
I just want all my DH friends to know that I've set the DVR, and I will not be missing a single episode of "American Idol" or "The Bachelor." I have to make up for two years of missed-out conversation. So if anyone wants to chat about their favorite tv shows, you can find me on facebook!
I hate using the laptop without the power chord, because for some reason the battery doesn't have enough guts to putt of stronger light for the screen. It's always some shade of gray instead of being the well-lit computer screen it should be. But here I sit in the dark, with a dying battery and I just can't bring myself to go get that chord, cuz it's downstairs and I'm up here.
Parker's on a bus with a bunch of high-school boys returning from a basketball game. I don't know if I'll be awake when ge gets home in 45 minutes.
I hate washing my hair in the morning. It means you have to get up 30 minutes earlier than you would have if you DIDN'T wash your hair. Cuz once it's wet, you've gotta dry, then style, and then the makeup. And NO I can't skip any of the steps.....I sit WAY too close to my patients....sometimes with their head between my legs. Showering is a must.....and even though I only wash my hair every other time.....I just thought you all should know that I hate it.
Well I'd say I'm doing pretty good at blogging and working. Sorry no pictures. However, this weekend is Derek's wedding reception and since we're going I can promise a few pictures from that. I've charged the camera battery and everything.
sleep......
3 comments:
First of all, I want to let you know how jealous I am that you only have to wash your hair every other day--I can hardly go much past 22 hours without mine being gross! You are lucky! And, isn't it hard getting old. Not only am I tired ealier, I can't eat near as many sweets as I used to without feeling sick. I guess this might be a good thing so as to keep me at a healthy weight, but I love my treats! :)
Heather...really, you should be in bed and sleeping at 9:30, which also means you should be in bed relaxing at 9:00..No Movies (maybe a little show). Alex has to wake up at 5:45 every morning and he is out by 9:30. Also, I am trying to watch bachelor and American Idol..so I will chat anytime. I'm also with you on the hair thing. Although I love a nice hot shower! See you in a couple days.
Congrats on the paycheck! I can't wait to get my first FULL check in 2 weeks either! DEFINITELY not as much as yous but hey....after 3 months of no income whatever amount would be AWESOME! ha ha
Post a Comment