Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Workin' Mom....

Well, this update is pathetic. No news. No pictures, I just felt bad that it'd been almost a week since I last put something new on here. So here's my feeble attempt.

Today was my first day of full-time work. It went well! I had five patients and I gave five shots! Okay, it sounds like a lot.....but it's not. I'm catching on really well at work, and I'm starting to enjoy it quite a bit. I feel kinda awkward when I have a patient that doesn't show up or something, because at this particular office, the hygienist doesn't really do any of the sterilization or......any busy-work to be frank. So when I don't have a patient, I never know what to do. I've just been sharpening my instruments, but once they're sharp....they're sharp. And there's nothing else to do.

Today was also Caleb's first day at daycare. We found a lady here in town who knows Parker's parents a little bit, and she's got YEARS of experience. And (here's the most important part)....it felt good when I stepped in the house. So she watches him Tuesdays and Thursdays while Parker's at school. When I dropped him off today, I totally thought he was gonna cry and throw a royal fit. But I just sat him on my knee and said, "Caleb, mommy has to go bye-bye for a while. But I'll come back and get you later." and he said, "Okay." And I said, "give me a hug and a kiss" and so he did. And then he went off and played with the toys. And according to the report, he was just fine all day. He ate well, and was a good boy. He didn't take a nap, but I kinda had a feeling he wouldn't. But he did sit quietly on the couch and read some books. What a good boy. I feel so bad leaving him in the care of someone else.....but what other choice do I have? Unfortunately this is a world where almost everyone has to work. And that is the case for my family as well. My sisters got lucky on this one. And I'm sure they know it. I hope I can do what they do someday.

I wish I had more to say. I work 3 days this week, and then we go to Boise for Derek's wedding reception. I'm really happy for him and Amanda.
Kay I'm out!

5 comments:

Anna Beal said...

I'm glad Caleb was good, and I'm really glad you had a "good feeling" about her home. I will say this though. Yes, most people in the world have to work. Yes, Melissa and I are "lucky", BUT...it is a choice. There have been so many times where I've almost taken a job, but I don't because I know that we will become dependent on that job. So when Parker finishes school, no matter what wages he makes...even if its a mere school teacher job, it will become your choice to live on that or not. So now that I've given my two cents....I'm so glad this job turned out for you. Sounds like its going well. And I wish you the BEST ever!

Chelsi said...

It's always a relief when they are good for other people. Sounds like you found a good place which is great. Don't feel bad about working, we do what we have to do sometimes and when you are able to stay home it will mean that much more.

Tom and Emily said...

Working is one of lifes things you just have to do. I'm sure he will like day care and I think sometimes it's fun for them to go somewhere else a few days a week. Anyway, good luck with everything!

Jill and Travis said...

I am so happy you found a good daycare for Caleb. I bet that takes a load off. You are such a good mommy Heather! Anyone can see that. And someday you will probably get the option to stay home. :) Keep on truckin like I know you will!

The Strank Zoo said...

I hate leaving my baby! even if its with family. I miss her too much. but sometimes you just have to!