Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Derek and Amanda's Wedding

Well I was afraid if I waited much longer the wedding would be old news. I've been pretty busy with work these past couple days but the doc went home sick today, so we got to come home early. So now I'm blogging! Yay for me!
Okay if you can't tell, the first picture is of Derek and Amanda dancing. They danced to that aerosmith song from "Armageddon." The next picture is Amanda's fresh rose and cal lilly boquet, made by my sister Melissa. Awesome job Mel, it was BEAUTIFUL!


Well, as soon as Caleb saw Uncle Derek, he walked up to him and laid down between his legs so he could do "monkey swing." Because Uncle Derek ALWAYS does monkey swing with Caleb. Why would it be any different now?


Now, this next video is of them cutting the cake. But....nothing really great happens. In fact, the entire video is them cutting ONE piece. But the smiles on their faces couldn't even be justified with a snapshot picture. So here it is.


Also we have a picture of derek's boutenier (no clue if I spelled that right...probably didn't but there it is). Melissa wanted me to take pictures of the flowers cuz she forgot her camera.




And I love this picture of Amanda. She looks completely gorgeous! Some girls were just born to be brides, I think.


And Mycah, well, I think she's already having dreams of being a bride. Isn't she so cute?!






There's a picture of the table centerpiece, (with floating candles which Caleb decided to blow out while singing "happy birthday") and the whole thing is surrounded by bubbles (party favors). The bubbles WERE A HIT! What a great way to entertain your busy children while you're trying to stay at a wedding celebration as long as possible. Calebed LOVED the bubbles!


Caleb got a little crazy at the open house, but he looked great didn't he?! I love that red tie, he looked so sharp!

The REAL cutting the cake video. And can I just say I am SO glad they didn't shove it in eachother's faces. I'm really not a fan of when they do that. So hat's off Derek and Amanda. Okay one other comment...I LOVE how they give eachother a bite....then you can see (not hear) them commenting on how good the cake tastes. Then, without thinking....they BOTH take ANOTHER bite of their own cake that THEY'RE holding cuz it's so good.


Now for my favorite!! The chocolate fountains! Yes there's two. The white chocolate you can see. However if you look behind it and slightly to the right, you'll see the brown chocolate fountain too. Derek always said he'd have one of those things at his wedding, and of course when he decided to marry a chocoholic he sort-of sealed the deal. I don't know Amanda very well, but one thing I DO know is that she LOVES chocolate. That's definately something I can understand!









Now, I have to say thiswedding cake was completely amazing. I've never seen another like it. If you look closely, you'll see that written all over the cake are terms of endearment like, "adore, forever, honor, harmony" and so on. Then, to make it just that more amazing, my sister Melissa put a few roses and ivy on each level to add that finishing touch.
Okay now the video of the little girl catching the bouquet is SO cute. This little girl happens to be the daughter of my dad's cousin (Jared Higgenson) who passed away this summer. When she heard they were throwing the bouquet, she stood up and said to her sister, "I wanna catch it! I REALLY wanna catch it!" And can you believe it she did!
Okay, originally Amanda put her GRANDMOTHER in the chair she's sitting in, once Derek had the blindfold on. She was gonna see if he'd lift up HER dress. Luckily, he kinda suspected something funny was going on, and put a stop to that before anything too emberassing happened.I'm kinda bummed I didn't get an awesome picture of Derek like the one I got of Amanda. But I got some pretty neat videos, and I'm posting them all so you can see. It really was an aw
And lets not forget the bubbles. Like I said, a BIG hit for the kids. Here's a short video of Caleb and Kaleigh playing in the bubbles.

And finally the traditional "bride and groom" dance. Before that dance, Amanda danced with her father to Tim McGraw's "My Little Girl" (I know....makes me cry just thinking about it too....try WITNESSING it!).....(I ALWAYS cry at weddings.....I can't explain it). And lets not forget all the bubbles (courtesy of Amanda's little sister, and other teenage minglers).

The open house was beautiful. And VERY classy. Hat's-off to Amanda and her Mother, Suzette, for their amazing taste. It was gorgeous.

3 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

Looks like it was a beautiful open house! Caleb did look very dapper in his red tie. What a cutie!

Suzette Stokes said...

I didn't know you are such a fantastic blogger! Terry recommended I take a look at the posts of the reception....GREAT JOB, Heather. I couldn't be happier that Amanda has such wonderful new sisters (in law) :)
HUGS!!!

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

Amanda looked soooo beautiful! and Caleb...WOW! What a little stud muffin!