Now some mothers won't allow their boys to have toy guns, for this reason or that. But I realized VERY EARLY that that would never be possible in our home. You see, Parker gets his guns out on a very regular basis. How could I not let my son have a gun just like daddy?! I just told Parker that it is HIS responsibility to teach our son about guns. To teach him respect for Daddy's real guns, and also how to play with the toy guns. I know, in a few more years Parker's gonna be taking him hunting too! Isn't the video just the cutest thing ever?
Friday, January 30, 2009
Just Like Daddy!
Well, the other day Parker got out his gun that has some fancy scope on it and a stand attached to it. Parker loves to sit and fiddle with his toys. His guns, for example, he'll point them and adjust them, and he's always making changes to make sure it's just right. The same thing goes with his bow. And when biking season comes around again, he'll start messing with his bike again. 
Well so anyway, he got out his gun and was lying on the floor and pointing it out the window. When I looked over, I saw Caleb lying right next to him, pointing his little toy gun out the window too. We didn't tell him to, he just laid down and did it. In fact, Parker didn't even notice he was there until I said, "Oh, that is SO cute!"
Now some mothers won't allow their boys to have toy guns, for this reason or that. But I realized VERY EARLY that that would never be possible in our home. You see, Parker gets his guns out on a very regular basis. How could I not let my son have a gun just like daddy?! I just told Parker that it is HIS responsibility to teach our son about guns. To teach him respect for Daddy's real guns, and also how to play with the toy guns. I know, in a few more years Parker's gonna be taking him hunting too! Isn't the video just the cutest thing ever?
Now some mothers won't allow their boys to have toy guns, for this reason or that. But I realized VERY EARLY that that would never be possible in our home. You see, Parker gets his guns out on a very regular basis. How could I not let my son have a gun just like daddy?! I just told Parker that it is HIS responsibility to teach our son about guns. To teach him respect for Daddy's real guns, and also how to play with the toy guns. I know, in a few more years Parker's gonna be taking him hunting too! Isn't the video just the cutest thing ever?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cute! My Caleb is the funniest kid I've ever met...
I guess we are both in for it! I think you're right--there is no way around it with Parker having the hobbies he does. It's so cute how Caleb wants to be just like his dad. That just means Parker is doing a good job!
yeah it's not just boys either. When Lydia watches the outdoor channel with daddy and sees a deer she gets all excited and makes her fingers look like guns or grabs a prop like hangers and shoots it. She loves to play guns.
It's so cute that caleb got right down there with Parker.
I love it! We are kind of a gun nut family to and I think it's really good for kids to grow up not being afraid, but learning the right ways to use them. So Cute!
Post a Comment