I want to dedicate this post to Parker's little brother, Garrett. On Monday he went to the doctor to check out a sore rib, only to find out it was cancer. He is currently in Salt Lake City with the best doctors in the area. He's doing well and has a really good chance of recovering. He'll be starting chemotherapy tomorrow. We wish you luck Garrett.
Nobody ever plans to hear that their child is gonna get cancer. It really was such a shock to our family. But now we've stepped past the mode of being scared and upset, and into a go-and-do mode. I think Garrett's already getting bored sitting in that hospital bed, but luckily he gets to come home next Tuesday or Wednesday. And he'll get to do most of his treatment here at home. 


This seventeen year old boy brings light into our home. I have never met a young man that is so sweet and easy to love. He is the perfect little brother.

Parker has always felt a very strong sense of protection for his little brother. He told me the other day that one of his greatest fears has always been losing his little brother. Parker was his coach in little league, a mentor for Garrett, and a friend. These two brothers have a closeness that I have never seen before, even in my own family. Garrett is an amazing athlete. He is persistent, and always gives his best effort. We know, his battle against cancer will be no different.
Garrett, we love you so much, and pray for you every day. I know you're gonna make it through this. And we'll be there for you every step of the way.



This seventeen year old boy brings light into our home. I have never met a young man that is so sweet and easy to love. He is the perfect little brother.

Parker has always felt a very strong sense of protection for his little brother. He told me the other day that one of his greatest fears has always been losing his little brother. Parker was his coach in little league, a mentor for Garrett, and a friend. These two brothers have a closeness that I have never seen before, even in my own family. Garrett is an amazing athlete. He is persistent, and always gives his best effort. We know, his battle against cancer will be no different.
Garrett, we love you so much, and pray for you every day. I know you're gonna make it through this. And we'll be there for you every step of the way.

3 comments:
Garrett is the sweetest kid and truly does bring such a great attitude wherever he is. We know he will make it through this trial. We love all you guys so much and know Garrett has so much support from you during this time.
I really appreciate this post Heather! Our family rocks!
Hey guys,
My Dad informed us of Garrett this past week-our thoughts and prayers are with your whole family. We hope to help in any way you need us.
Love from the Cleggs in Oregon!
Post a Comment