Sorry the video is sideways. I don't know what I was thinking. There's no way to fix it.
Well up until now, you may have noticed (actully you were probably more likely toNOT notice) that there has been no news about Caleb's progress with potty training. That's because there WAS no progress. Until about a week ago. One morning, I took off Caleb's diaper right after getting him out of bed, only I forgot to grab a clean diaper. So I left him in the bedroom with his diaper off and went to the next room. When I came back Caleb had closed the door (he always shuts the door behind you...it's his thing) and when I walked in he said, "wook at the fwoor!" (incase you haven't learned to interpret toddler languate, that meens "look at the floor) And there was dark spots. He peed on the floor. So I took him to the toilet, and told him he had to tell me when he had to go potty. I decided it was time to crack down.
The next day I had Parker go to walmart and get him some underwear. Parker got him boxer-briefs (I didn't even know they MADE those for little boys! How cute is THAT?!) And so we started. One afternoon, I gave him a big cup of juice and then put on his new underpants. We waited for about 30 minutes, and then I took him to the bathroom. I gave him an otter pop popsicle while he sat there (which by the way I have to bite and break each bite for him because he has no front teeth). Then after the popsicle was done, I decided instead of calling it quits with no progress....maybe we should wait another minute. I thought I saw a few dripps hangin' there for a second. So I got a book. And then he started to go....
HORRAY CALEB! I know he's a little old to have his first experience going number one in the potty, but it's hard to potty train when you're not in your own home. But don't worry,, I'm not making excuses any more.
The next day he did it again! And then things got crazy around here. So no progress since last week, but we're still trying. Baby steps right? He's only two and a half....I mean.....HE'S ALREADY TWO AND A HALF! HOW COME HE ISN'T POTTY TRAINED YET?! Oh yeah...that's my fault. Didn't you know...potty training is really for the parents. They had it in 'em all along, it was YOU who lacked the guts to try!
5 comments:
Don't worry Heather, Kadence was 3 1/2 before we made any progress with potty training. She was the type that she had no interest whatsoever, and the more I forced the issue the more she fought it. I just finally gave up, she wouldn't go to kindergarten in a diaper, and finally at 3 and 1/2 she was ready, and just got it. We never had issues with bed wetting, with accidents away from home (except one, but that was sallys fault for not taking her potty before bed) and she's never gotten up in the middle of the night needing to go potty. So quit being so hard on yourself! Sometimes if they're not ready, it's just easier to change diapers! And the longer they wait, the less accidents you'll have. But congrats for the progress! Props to you for getting it done away from the comforts of your own home!
I find almost everything is like that with kids, it's more for the parents sake. every time we through a change on Lydia or even Danton that just breeze right through it, and I think why did I wory so much about this? congrats!going potty on the toilet is a BIG step.
2 1/2??! Girlfriend...Dejah wasn't potty trained until 3, and I would call her "advanced" for her age. "Practicing" is what we did for a long time...and we didn't really start that until 2 1/2....Little Boys usually aren't potty trained till 3 1/2! Patience.
I agree that it is mostly the parents' job when it comes to this milestone. It has been so great to be in one place longer than a week. It really makes the whole process a lot easier. He'll get it when he's ready. I still make Tydon wear a pull-up when we go on trips to Idaho (and of course to bed), but he has made it without an accident 3 times in a row... I just need to be brave. Love the boxer briefs. Little stud!
good job buddy!
Post a Comment