Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kickin' my butt!

Well, I started my new job yesterday. It's going just fine. I'm not sure I'll ever find a place as good as the last place I was. I already miss it a lot. But this place is a job, and that's what I need right now. I'll have to wait a while longer to find the proper fit.

Meanwhile though, the new schedule is killing me. My last job started at 8:30. This place starts at 8:00 and LETS NOT FORGET!...it's in Twin, which means I get to drive for 40 minutes before I get there.....which means I have to leave the house by 7:00. Well it takes an hour to get ready, so that means I'm up at six. No it's not rediculously early, but it's an hour earlier than I'm used to getting up....and so it's kicking my butt while I try to adjust. I've come home every day COMPLETELY exhausted. And here's where it becomes a problem. Garrett comes home from the hospital on Thursday. Which means I have 2 nights to get the house ready. And the place needs to be practically STERILE when he gets here, cuz he's on chemotherapy and we don't want him getting any sicker than he already is. But I'm just so tired! I can't bring myself to even fix dinner, much less deep-clean the house! So now I sit, using my last ounce of energy to type a little blog post while I eat a bowl of cereal (yes, that's dinner). I can't wait for the weekend.

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

Sounds pretty stressful... You'll make it though. You are super mom!! Good luck with everything, wish I could help.

Anna Beal said...

Heather...is there ANY way you can call the R.S. Pres. and recruit some moms to come help. It sounds to me like you could REALLY use it.
Alex gets up for work at 6 every morning then comes home or goes to class, or has homework or calling stuff. I truly don't know how he does it. I would just DIE!!! I need my sleep and rest to function. Good luck. Call the Pres!! I'm serious.

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

I don't think I need to call the Relief society or anything...Parker's little sister, Katelyn, came home last night to help. And she's home all day cleaning today, and then she'll go back to school tomorrow morning. We'll be fine, I'm just sleepy.

Brody and Ashley said...

Well I hope one night of cleaning was enough since he came home today!!!