Sunday, June 21, 2009

Man of the day, of the year....of my LIFE.

Today is Father's day, and I had the hardest time deciding what to do for my husband. But I wanted to take just a few minutes and write a few things about the man of my life.

One of the first things that attracted me to Parker was his happy nature. On our first date, he told me he is one of the happiest people I will ever meet, and it is just as true today as it was then. He finds the joy in life, and he doesn't worry about much else. Two years after we were married I discovered, that my husband is not only a great man, but an amazing father. He has been a wonderful example and teacher for our son.
Since I started working full-time Parker has been at home with Caleb every day. He feeds him, changes his diapers, and plays with him. Yes, it's no more than I'd do if I was at home, but it has strengthened the bond between him and Caleb immensely. On the rare occasion that Caleb wakes up in the middle of the night.....he's now asking for daddy when I go in to get him. (that NEVER happened before). I know staying at home every day is not always the thing he wants to do, but at this point in our lives, it's necessary, and Parker has been wonderful.
Through all the changes in our lives, Parker has been a pillar of strength and a continuous example to me as well as Caleb. He is my best friend, and the love of my life. I am so grateful to have this man as my eternal companion. Things will come and go in our lives, including our children. But Parker will always be there by my side. I love him very much. Happy Father's day Parker.

1 comment:

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

that was very sweet Heather!