Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Caleb says....

Well, This post is about two weeks late....but I've been thinking that I need to write down some of the hilarious things that Caleb has said lately.

(during a tickle fight) "Daddy we don't eat arms!"

Also, the other day we had family home evening about temples. We told Caleb that mommy and daddy got married in the temple, and that our family would be together forever. Well for the next few days Caleb would be babbling about the temple. He'd point to the picture of the temple on the wall and say, "I'm getting married at the temple."
I'd ask him, "Really?"
"Yeah, mom, I'm getting married to YOU."
I'd say, "No Caleb, mommy is already married to daddy. You'll have to get your own girl."
He looked at me for a second....and said, "Grandma!"
I laughed. Not exactly. Poor kid. The only women in his life is mom and grandma.

Then yesterday, he was carrying around my old scriptures. (He likes to pretend they're his suitcase, cuz it's just his size). About ten minutes later he brought me my Book of Mormon without the cover. "Look what I did mommy..."
(gasp)
"Caleb you ripped it! Those were mommy's scriptures!"
"I'm sorry mommy.....accidents always happen."

But the best was last week. When Caleb goes #2 in the bathroom, he always has to let us know, "Mommy I went POOP!!" and then we come and wipe his bum. Well, last week we were watching that new NBC TV show "Parenthood" (which by the way I am really enjoying) and we hear, "I went POOP!" So Parker goes in to wipe his behind. As Caleb is bent over he says to Parker,
"Poop always happens."
Yes, he said it. Parker and I spent the next half-hour laughing. Parker was laughing so hard he started crying. Kids say the darndest things don't they? I can't BELIEVE he came up with that on his own.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

accidents happen, and poop always happens. Ok, that is freakin hilarious!