Saturday, May 29, 2010

29. Memorial Memories

Day 29: A Blog A Day In May

On Memorial Day weekend we always hang out with Parker's family. Parker's grandfather had 12 siblings, and about 8 of them are buried in Burley. So we always take a trip out to the 3 cemetaries in Burley to put flowers on the graves, and Dad gets to tell us all about our ancestors. I'm starting to be able to tell the stories myself after 6 years of marriage....but it's still a good tradition. I won't spend a lot of time talking about this, except to say that was what we did today. Caleb had to go to the bathroom a couple times while we were out there.....so we found a secluded area where he could drop his pants and go (cuz there were no bathrooms nearby). Parker told me he said this. As he's going near a tree he says to Parker, "It goes FAR!!" and Parker, trying to make things more discrete points his "private" down. Then Caleb says, "It makes MUD!" I busted up laughing when Parker told me that.

I'm sorry I'm getting so bad at the posting. I'm not gonna lie....I'm kinda sick of having to find something to blog about every day. I'll be glad when June is here. I do feel like this blog-a-day-in-may thing has helped me figure out things to blog about, and I'll probably do so a little more frequently now....but not every day. Man I'm tired.

Tomorrow we're going to Utah. Parker's grandparents are buried there, and we're gonna go to his Aunt's house for dinner. It should be fun. I'm so glad I don't have to work on Monday!

No comments: