Saturday, July 17, 2010

Some SERIOUS work!!

About a year ago, my sister, Melissa, started working on this blanket for Caleb. It started out because she made some CARS blankets for her boys. She uses my mom's fancy sewing machine and downloads these characters and then the machine sews them for you. But it takes lots of time to design each character so that the stitches go the right direction, and that all of the colors match correctly. And the machine takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to make each design (depending on how on-the-ball you are with changing thread colors). So after the CARS blankets, she decided to make a Toy Story blanket for Caleb. And it took all year pretty much. But yesterday it was finally finished and Caleb got to open his first birthday present. I just realized I should've taken a better picture of the blanket so you could say the detail for each of those little characters. Like I said....those things aren't ironed on people....they're SEWN IN!!! Talk about some serious work. Thanks so much mom and Melissa. I'd take a better picture now....but he's sleeping with it, and I don't wanna wake him up. :)


1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's Buzz's FATHER. ha ha ha too cute. That blanket is awesome