Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Caleb Says....

I'm blogging before exercising....and it's day 2. You can tell how well THIS is gonna go.

Caleb has been our little comedian lately. Here's a few things he's said just last week.

On the way to Utah for aunt Kate's wedding, Caleb saw the crescent moon. He said, "Mom LOOK! I see EARTH!!" I tried to explain to him that he was looking at the moon. "No mom. It's EARTH." There was no reasoning with him. Finally I said, "It looks like earth from outer space doesn't it?" He agreed with that. I asked him if he saw any stars. "Yes I see the stars in the sky. And....I see.....I see Jesus!"
"Really?"
"Yes I can see Jesus"
"You can?"
"Well....I see Jesus's HOUSE!"
"Caleb....Jesus doesn't live in a house..."
"Yes he does Mom.....it's the temple."
Dang. He got me on that one. (Although.....the temple was NOT in sight at the time...)

When we woke up at 7:00 AM at aunt Jo's house the day of the wedding. I was trying to keep the kids quiet so that they wouldn't wake everyone else up. About 45 minutes later while Caleb and Angie were playing in our room, we heard baby Kayleigh cry out.
"Who was that?"
"That was baby Kayleigh."
"Who?"
"You know...baby Kayleigh. Aunt Robyn has a baby Kayleigh, just like we have a baby Angie."
"......is LUCAS here?"
"Yes."
"He IS?!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!"

At the wedding reception somebody asked Caleb, "Did you like watching Aunt Kate get married today?"
"Yeah....but I don't like it when they kiss. Bleh!" (Caleb being the ring-bearer got a close-up view of them kissing after they got married).

Driving home from the reception, Caleb and I were arguing. He kept asking me if he could watch a movie or go play when we got back to Aunt Jo's house. (It was almost 10:00). I kept telling him no, he's going to bed. We had the SAME conversation OVER AND OVER AND OVER. FInally I said, "Caleb! Stop asking me!"
"Okay okay!.......Save your batteries!" (As I sat there with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard....I contemplated whether or not I should give the 'don't talk to me that way' lecture........I didn't).

Yesterday we were watching Avatar for the ump-teenth time. Caleb asked me, "Mom...have you ever been an avatar?"
"....uh.....no."
"Me neither......but.....my DAD has!"
"Really?
"Yeah."
"I didn't know that"
"Yep. Except.....he's not on THIS movie."

The other day I had to leave the kids at home with Parker for the evening. I had to get some shopping done. The following night as I was putting him to bed, Caleb asked me if I was gonna stay home. Assuming he ment that evening, I said, "Yeah, I'm not going anywhere."
The following morning he came into my room and saw me getting ready for work.
"Mom, I thought you were staying home today!" Surprised that he'd thought that meant I wasn't working the following morning, I said
"Well I stayed home last night. But I still have to go to work today."
"But you SAID! You said you were staying home!"
Parker looked at me....."he got you on this one."
I replied, "I know....he tricked me."
"No mom- YOU tricked ME!"

There's so many more. He makes us laugh all the time. I'm gonna try to be better at writing down the funny things he says.

No comments: