Saturday, June 28, 2008

Harris Family Reunion- POST #1

Friday and Saturday was the Caryl and Ann Harris Family reunion at their house. Lots of people turned up, and the kids had a LOT of fun! On Friday we met for dinner, then everyone got together and played some volleyball. I spent HOURS drawing on Grandpa's blacktop driveway with street-chalk. Cuz...I'm not gonna lie, I ALWAYS wanted a driveway to write on with chalk, cuz growing up on the farm, we didn't have pavement we had dirt. Ashley ended up helping me draw a bunch too, and it turned out AWESOME....it almost started to look like grafitti at the end, it was cool. But alas, I forgot to take a picture of the lovely artwork. Sorry Folks!







Caleb spent almost the entire time (both days) at the reunion riding little tricycles around the driveway. He didn't need to be entertained by anybody! I just had to check every couple minutes and make sure he wasn't wandering into the streets.






Here's some of the Willis family! Nathan and Megan, and adorable little girl, Kaleigh! And here's Ashley Gines (as of two weeks ago...CONGRATS!) and her soaked mother (Eileen) in the background. She got thrown into the pool.


































There's me doing that silly relay. Luckily I managed to not get SOAKED like everybody else.










This is Parker and I helping Caleb through the relay race. He didn't like the water AT ALL. In fact we pretty much carried him through the entire thing because he didn't wanna get wet.













What a Cutie! Caleb really enjoyed the popsicles at the end as well. He kept saying, "Ice cream...?"He probably ate half of my fudge-sicle.
All-in-all, it was a good time. It's hard to go too long with little kids that get sleepy and need naps. However, lots of the family showed up, and we had a ton of fun. The next post will be the videos from the reunion. I couldn't post any now, cuz the best videos were taken by Ashley. So I will get those from her tomorrow and post them for all to see! Keep checking!

3 comments:

The Laws said...

Heather-
We got a picture of your chalk creation, leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a goof time. We sure miss you! Caleb is getting so big and we are so sad we can't be close to him to see him really grow up.

The Ingrams said...

Hey, Kaila just gave me the address for your blog and you and your little family are too cute! Caleb is such a cutie! It is so nice to see how you are doing, so I'll be checking back often to see how life is treating you. Congrats on graduating and once again, you have a way cute family!