Saturday, July 12, 2008

Camping- Sagehen

Here's Parker and Caleb in our little raft we got this week. They floated out there and went fishing. Parker has always wanted to take Caleb fishing. They actually caught one too! Caleb got to reel it in and everything, however it flipped off just as they got it to the shore. I'm sure Parker and Caleb will have MANY more moments like these though. I'm glad they had so much fun. Caleb was content to sit out there for nearly a half an hour. Isn't he a cutie?!



I'll just make the disclaimer right now:......I hate my camera. Yes, it's the dinosaur. We bought it just before we got married so we'd be able to take pictures and videos on our honeymoon. It served its purpose, and it's had a good life and after only four years it's time to send it to the retirement home, or an antique shop....whichever you prefer. All the pictures are tinted blue, and there's blurry smudges down the center of EVERY picture. Now the smudge MIGHT just be due to a dirty lens or something......however the blue tint is unforgiveable. I think it's getting worse too.....these pictures don't do ANY justice to the beauty of the lake that we went to this weekend. So I am just announcing for all to hear, that my camera is RETIRED. I will not use it any more! I'll borrow someone else's until we can afford to buy a new one. So, here's the pitiful attempt of some pictures from out camping trip to sagehen reservoir this weekend. Our family went as well as both of my sisters and their families. It was a short trip, but lots of fun.







Some pictures of Dejah and Tyler. The kids all got pretty wet, except Caleb cuz he was in the raft the entire time. They all had these little fishing poles with a plastic weight on the end too. What a genius idea! We'll have to get Caleb one as well.



Aren't the kids so cute?!! Thoe one of me by the lake is SOOOO pathetic. I don't think you can even see my face, but the trees were green, not blue, and the lake was beautiful. Parker is already planning his next trip back here. He absalutely loved it. I just had to keep reminding him that he just loves the mountains period, and he'd love where we were no matter what. Maybe I'll take him on a hike to boulder lake when we get the chance.

























Isn't this so cute? Caleb's mouth is stained several colors from eating too many m&m's. He actually had quite a but of fun too.




















We called Tyler the "grease monkey" because he was always sitting anywhere there was dirt, or grease, or both. Playing in it....eating it.....whatever. He did pretty well too. All five of the kids slept through the night!! That's amazing, considering all three tents were within one foot apart from eachother. the campsite was TIGHT QUARTERS....but it worked.



Caleb and his cousins....they were all so good on this trip. We hardly even had to keep track of them. They just played together. And below....cute little Mycah. Melissa and I both agree that this little girl just makes you want a baby girl yourself. Don't worry Mel.....we'll get our chance!













At the end of the trip, Tory and Parker decided to ride their bikes down the mountain...I think it was around nine miles or something. Melissa and I followed behind them in the cars, just to make sure they were safe....and cuz we'd hate for them to eat our dust. Parker LOVED that. I seriously have found the way to please my husband. He just has to go camping every few weeks or something. The entire time he was up there he just kept saying, "Man, I love camping!...." and he was always mentioning how pretty it was up there (which it was....I know it's hard to believe from the pictures but it's true). Special thanks to my sisters for dropping everything in such short notice to come camping with us. It was fun. Also about this song....it's from High School. Daniel and Camille if you read this, this song came to me AFTER I had created the post and I thought it was perfect. Daniel, I think you sang it better though....that happens when you hear your version before the real one though. I forgot how much I love this song! Miss you guys! To those of you who haven't heard it before.....listen to the lyrics.....they'll make you laugh.







4 comments:

John and Robyn said...

It is very clear that Parker and I are siblings becuase that is what I said the entire time we were camping up at Zion...Man I just love camping! I guess that's what we get for all family vacations being outdoors at some lake or some national park our whole lives!

I love the raft by the way! You'll have to keep this pictures separate and every time they go fishing take a picture. Then you can have a sort of progessive time line of Parker and Caleb's fishing trips!

Love you!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Caleb is getting so big! Did he really grow that much in the last 2 months! I know you said yoru pictures dont do it justice, but you can tell how beatiful it was up there. We really miss teh mountains. I saw clouds just over the horizon going to church yesterday and I almost said "It's such a clear day you can see the mountains" but then I remembered there are no mountains in MO. :) We really miss hanging otu with you guys too. Mark ishes he and Parker coudl go shoot blackfoot again.

Lanelle Barber said...

Cute pictures, even though your camera is a dinosaur! Looks like it was a blast.

My husband loves camping too. For our honeymoon he wanted to go rough it on the mountainside. However, his version of "roughing it" entails wandering out to the middle of nowhere with naught but a flashlight, possibly a sleeping bag, and some poptarts. Scary. So we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon instead.

We now are compromising by using actual camp SITES with running water, restrooms, and the freeway not too far away in case I need to get in the car and drive away really fast if a bear tries to eat us.

The Borups said...

Heather,
I think I like Daniel singing the song better than the original, too.
I will try to post pictures of Daniel's artwork soon.
We will be in Boise August 5-9. It would be great if you could come over to the Borup's to visit. That would make it easier for us since we will probably be running around like crazies trying to visit family.
Anyway, we'll see you soon.
Camille