Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Husband: The Builder

Well, to earn our keep here at the Harris Boarding house, Parker has been fixing the roof. It's a serious job that shoulda been done when my folks bought the place and kept getting put on the back burner. When the addition was put on the house, the guys that connected it did a brainless job. Needless to say it needs corrected. So Parker's been up on the roof every day for the past two weeks. He's such a good worker. I feel so bad because it's sweltering hot outside, and it's even hotter on the roof. There's no shade up there. Anyway here's some pictures of my hubby's hard work. I guess I should include that my dad has been working on it too. He gets up there every day when he gets home from work and of course every weekend. But Parker's up there in the heat. I really am proud of him.




This is Caleb. I came up to bring Parker some water, and so I had to leave Caleb on the ground for a couple minutes. Of course he tried to follow me up the ladder. He nearly got half way up!! That crazy kid would've followed me to the top if I hadn't stopped him.








And of course, so cute.....today Chase called my dad at work and asked him if he could come over after work today. So, even though my dad had work to do on the roof, the kid melted his heart and he decided that Chase could come over after work. Since dad had work to do, he just brought the boy up there with him. Cuz lets face it.....playing with toys is not NEAR as fun as working with Grandpa. A day with Grandpa is always an adventure! You may spend time on the tractor, or the lawn-mower. Or playing in the dirt out in the garden. Or picking raspberries and strawberries. Or CLIMBING ON THE ROOF!! What're the odds?!! No wonder Grandpa is the favorite, he just takes you along for the fun! He is such a great grandfather. You know what though? (He may not agree.....but he was an even better dad). Love you Parker! Love you Dad!





No comments: