Caleb has decided that he is independent. And it was cute at first, but I literally can't help him with ANYTHING. He has to crawl into his crib by himself. If I try to lift him in, he FREAKS OUT! And he has to climb into his high-chair by himself. If I try to help him he says, "No, I do it!" And his car seat. He's gotta climb into that by himself too. He insists on feeding himself most of the time, which is probably what he should be doing anyway. But he'll grab the spoon outa my hand and put it into his own mouth. He always has to put on his own shoes, and sometimes even his pants. It's cute most of the time, except when I'm in a hurry and I don't really have time to sit there and let him try to do it on his own. Now that I think about it, he even insists on climbing onto the toilet seat by himself (which always makes me cringe.....he has to put his hands on that thing to climb onto it...eek! That's why we wash right?)
One other update real quick, I finally finished my first week at my new job. I'm not gonna lie, it was one of the hardest weeks I've experienced in a long time. The hours are tough on my body, and I still haven't adjusted completely. This dental office is different, and I find that more and more I'm missing my old job. But, I try not to dwell on the negative because it's a job. And after 8 months of searching I am definately grateful to have it. I just am always comparing to my last job. It truly gave me a taste of what my dream job is like. And I hope some day I find a place just like that (or better yet, maybe someday I'll be able to go back) to stay forever. Work today was HARD. It was stressful, and at the end of the day, on top of all the stress I felt, my back was in some pretty serious pain. I've gotta learn to relax I guess. I won't go into the details of WHY work sucked so bad today, cuz it's a LONG story and honestly if you weren't a hygienist I don't think you'd understand anyway. I just have to hope that it'll all get better with time. I can't wait to actually move, so that I don't have a 40 minute commute. AND so I can go HOME for lunch. I never know where to go during that 1 hour break (except today, it was only 30 minutes...another reason for...well you know). I am SOOOO grateful the weekend is here. I'm planning on staying home and finally START A NEW BOOK! I haven't read a book since Jayne Eyre (which by the way is a WONDERFUL book and I recommend it to all women!). I've started Louis Lamour's "The Walking Drum" My mom and dad say it is one of his best books, and it was also the last one he wrote before he died. Actually I think I heard that he died before he finished. Don''t ask me how that works....I'll just have to read it I guess.
sleep...............
3 comments:
The Walking Drum, eh? I love Louis L'Amour, but I haven't read that one. I think I'll go check it out...
I'm the same way with Tydon. It's great that he wants to get dressed by himself until I'm running late!! That is the worst for me... I lose all patience. I guess that's how they learn though, by doing it themselves... Hope work gets better. I'm sure it's not easy making the transition, but you know you are there for a reason and after you move, it will for sure make a difference. I need a good book to get lost in these days... thanks for the recommendation.
hey i understand the tiredness- this is why i started the other blog- people who understand. I hope it is a fun place to go to learn, relax, vent if need be, and hear about other people. I like your suggestions, but seriously, I don't even know how to put pictures down the sides of my own blog. If you could email me and teach me how to do some stuff I'd appreciate it. walker.jesse2@gmail.com Thanks!
Post a Comment