I'm not gonna lie, they started out pretty rough, but I've found a system. And after Garrett's diagnosis, we were FLOODED with get well cards, and so many kind acts of service. I decided to make some more so we can start to send thank-you cards to all the people who've been there for our family.
These pictures are just a few of my favorites. And the last picture is all the cards that have been made so far. I like it, cuz it keeps my hands busy. And in some small way, it makes me feel like I'm helping out. There's only so much cleaning that can be done. And as the sister-in-law, it's not like I can send Garrett a card myself. So I just try to keep myself busy with this.
And more news on potty training! Caleb didn't wear a diaper yesterday and so far not today, except for during nap time. He's gone in the potty every time he's had to go! We are so excited about this! A couple more weeks of this, and I can quit buying diapers!...actually we got a huge box from Costco that we just barely opened, so maybe we won't have to buy anymore period! He sometimes has little accidents in his underwear....just a couple drips....then he says he has to go potty and we go.
One concern....yesterday he didn't go #2. And today, so far not either. I keep telling myself it's gotta come out sometime, and he'll either tell me he has to go or we'll have an accident. So I can't say potty training is going extremely well yet....cuz we've still not done all that can be done in that department. But I guess it's just a waiting game. Or he'll go just before or after his nap (when he's wearing a diaper). But he never sleeps if he's gotta poopy diaper....so we'll just have to see what happens I guess....cuz he's sleeping now. I think in a couple weeks, he may even be able to leave the house wearing underwear, but lets not get our hopes too high. If that's all it was....then that was WAY too easy. But there's still night-time training. I've heard that in and of itself takes about a year. But hey, we're making progress and that is SO exciting!
3 comments:
Heather!! Your blog is so freakin cute. I am new the blog thing so I am game for any tips. Caleb is so cute!! Keep in touch!
Nice work on the cards. I love making cards, but haven't for a while... maybe you've inspired me! Go Caleb!! Sounds like he's getting the idea. It scares some kids to go #2 in the toilet so no worries. He'll go eventually. Tydon usually gives it away when he needs to go... little "tooter" :) He still wears pull-ups at night and I'm not about ready to be that brave! If he doesn't drink after dinner he will make it through the night. - Keep us updated!
yah!The cards really did turn out well! Good job Hebs!
Post a Comment